Babies and cribs
#1 31-05-2012 
Another pet peve of mine is how sims get babies out of cribs just to put them on the floor. I'm guessing they don't know the difference between a baby and a toddler Smile

What I would like to see is that they get the baby out, only if it needs attention. Hygene, social, or hunger too low, for examples.

It also seems like the crib should be able to raise comfort, even just a little. Their comfort level should also drop if left on the floor. The swing chair, and dangle monster both raise comfort, which seems pointless if it can never drop.

Other people have done baby care overhaul mods, but they never seem to work the way I expect them too.

Right now I have to restrict access to the nursery, so babies are not OVER cared for.
RebaLynn1960, proud to be a member of LeeFish since Apr 2012.

#2 31-05-2012 
I wish sims would stop picking the babies up when they're not crying! And why does a baby need feeding less than a toddler?
Karen Lorraine, proud to be a member of LeeFish since Jan 2012.

#3 31-05-2012 
Karen, I don't know what you mean by "babies needing less feeding than toddlers". Toddlers in my game usually have access to a bottomless bottle, and most of them pick it up only once a day, whereas babies need to be fed at least twice a day. But *if* a baby needs less food, then maybe that's because their bodies are smaller, and burn less energy moving around. Because, let's face it: they aren't exactly running around the lot, trying to balance their whole body mass op top of two legs.

And if it weren't for mods, sims would pick the baby up about once every sim hour to feed it! Needing less? I don't think that's entirely accurate.

As for the other things... I usually have my sims put the baby in the dangling chair, and nobody ever bothers with it, unless the baby needs to be fed or needs a diaper change. There are no cribs in the house, and baby is perfectly happy almost all the time.

#4 31-05-2012 
Maybe this should be in a different place, but I'd be happy with a mod that kept teens from autonomously trying to care for babies, when an adult is present.

#5 31-05-2012 
This is something I'm certain I can make for you, even though I don't understand why one would want it Smile Because teens often take care of babies so much better than adults do in this game.

I will try this. However, especially for the users of mods like Inteen - which allow teens to have children - I will make it so that teens can still take care of the baby if it's their OWN child.

#6 31-05-2012 
IThat sounds good to me, the reason I asked about it, is that in a house with 2 adults, and 5 teens, everyone is trying to care for the baby.

#7 01-06-2012 
That is one fortunate baby, with such a loving and caring family. And now its goddess wants to take that away...

<therapist mode>
Are you by any chance a bit jealous of this little pixel bundle? Tongue
</therapist mode>

Hehehe

#8 01-06-2012 
Anything is possible Smile

#9 01-06-2012 
BO Baby Wrote:Because teens often take care of babies so much better than adults do in this game.
That's weird I have a household with 2 teen and a toddler, the teens never acknowledge the toddler, even when it's sitting at their feet yelling and flapping it's arms at them...they act as though the toddler isn't even there.

#10 01-06-2012 
Toddlers aren't babies, sweety... I said Teens take care of BABIES much better than adults. Smile

Sorry, that is a members only option