beach lot crashing
#1 01-06-2012 
Hey, I'm in the middle of building a beach lot. I've been into the lot on 2 occasions fine but today the lot crashes the game as soon as I try to enter it. I've tried several times to access it but to no avail. I removed the cc that i had downloaded since the last visit but that didn't make any difference. i've also tried moving the lot down the beach.

i can enter other lots in the game, i must admit i've not tried entering another lot in that hood (it's empty at the mo, made to create in).

Anyone got any ideas?

Please?

Karen Smile
Karen Lorraine, proud to be a member of LeeFish since Jan 2012.

#2 01-06-2012 
No help here. I just wanted to say that I've been having the same problem. I tried removing cc too and the lot still crashed.

What else I tried: looking for GUID conflicts with SimPE. It found quite a few- some of those are defaults, so that's to be expected. Others I changed because I really wanted to keep the item. Others I disabled or deleted. At the moment I don't have my full download folder in- been adding folders back a few at a time. I haven't tried a beach lot yet. BUT- the park lot I'm working on did crash once and I had to restart it cuz I couldn't load it again. Been fine since.

I'd played beach lots on my old computer and never once had a beach lot crash. All the EPs/SPs are the same. So I'm wondering if maybe the games not fully patched? Or maybe there's a mod of some sort that is missing in my folder now. (I have to question the patch thing- I always patch after every install...but maybe there was something that was missed.)

#3 01-06-2012 
Thanks MLC

'What else I tried: looking for GUID conflicts with SimPE': That's beyond my capabilities at the moment. Nothing else is crashing, so I don't think that's the problem.

patching: the game is fully patched.

I think I'll just see if anyone else has any ideas and I'll try rebooting the pooter and then I'll try reloading the game and the lot again.

Karen

#4 01-06-2012 
When you removed the CC, did you delete the Cache as well? That may help.

#5 01-06-2012 
no, which cache?

#6 01-06-2012 
Groups.cache... It's in the folder "My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2"

#7 01-06-2012 
thank you, can i delete the accessory cache and the empty fullgame id file too?

#8 01-06-2012 
It's not usually required, but I guess it can't hurt either. At least for the cache files I know they're absolutely safe to delete. Fullgame.id... Do you have the AGS installed? If so, then I would leave that file alone!

#9 01-06-2012 
yes, i have ags. i'll not touch it then. thanks BO

#10 02-06-2012 
Karen by any chance, did you move the lot before it crashed?
The other thing, when you got the empty lot out of the lot bin, did you turn the lot at all?

Hope you understood that, sorry.

Sorry, that is a members only option