Amsterdam Housing
#11 06-06-2012 
Marina is an old-time Simmer. Started in Sims 1, and did some good stuff for Sims 2. (Also a delightful lady). She has a blog now (she used to have a website).

#12 06-06-2012 
Oh gosh yes. Marina, did some great items. Still does apparently. Do you have the blog link kiri?
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#13 06-06-2012 
#14 06-06-2012 
I was wondering whether to add a canal and boats to the front of this lot like in my reference picture. For access add either a couple of bridges or leave some space at the end of the canal for foot access. I'll have to add some space at the front. I've found some motor boats to download or I could build some small boats to go on the water.

What do you guys think?
Karen Lorraine, proud to be a member of LeeFish since Jan 2012.

#15 06-06-2012 
A canal would be greatBig Grin

Not sure on the boats - but there are some flat bottomed barges on the water in Amsterdam and Delft - they have bars on them. An idea?
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#16 06-06-2012 
yes, but how to do it? that's going round in my head at the moment. I like the idea of a bar, mmmm. Want some time now!

#17 07-06-2012 
Around the Sims has Canal stuff for Sims3 and I *think* she did them for Sims 2 as well?

#18 08-06-2012 
I downloaded extra pediments but I can't place them on the right part of the wall, so the ones that are there will have to do.

As Lee suggested I've built a barge with a bar on it. I've also learnt and managed to create two arched bridges, which I must say I'm rather proud of (my last attempt at building these failed).

Now to do some more decorating. Hope you like it Big Grin

#19 08-06-2012 
So- we're all moving in when? Party on the barge at what time? Smile

I like it! But to show what a party animal I am: Lee says "bar". I think "bar? what bar? what good would...ohhhhh..THAT kind of bar!".

* mustluvcatz needs to get out more

#20 08-06-2012 
That has taken me ages to do, even had help from the man that dislikes my sims game intensely! He was actually interested and suggested that a 3 grid barge would be best, wonders will never cease.

Sorry, that is a members only option