Amsterdam Housing
#1 02-06-2012 
Since my beach lot keeps crashing my game I'm going to work on this project - Amsterdam Housing (this is for Lee). I've looked at several pictures on the net and all the houses are tall and thin. For sims they need to be at least four pips wide, I've no idea how long they are so I've varied the depth to give interest. I noticed that the heights are different so I've varied those too (took me a while to work out how to get more than four storeys, doh!)

They are not decorated at all inside yet. I've used Lee's von trapp windows and the arts and crafts door. Not sure whether they work or not, as the windows are not very white as in the picture I have from the web.

So, before I go any further with these I need to know whether they are a good likeness or not so, I need some help please Smile.

This is the picture I've been working from

Karen Lorraine, proud to be a member of LeeFish since Jan 2012.

#2 03-06-2012 
It does give a bit of an Amsterdamned impression... Big Grin It's quite dutch, if you ask me.

#3 03-06-2012 
Thanks BO, that's what I wanted to hear Smile

#4 03-06-2012 
Great work on the rooflines. Looking good so far, but sadly, you are right. Those windows and doors are not really right for Amsterdam houses.

I would say - for these houses - that you might be best with the OFB euromullion expansion set from Marylou. Those are the right kind of windows. I know Shell did some recolours for the doors that made them solid wood (very nifty) and if I remember right a nice white recolour as well. Dark green and white is a very Dutch colour combination.

For the steps - try the concrete steps from uni/base, those are good, or go have a look at Huge Lunatics stair addons.
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#5 03-06-2012 
Thanks for that Lee, I had a good look at windows as I started building but yes, was unsure, I'll go look again. May have to wait until tomorrow for an update now though Big Grin

#6 03-06-2012 
I think there are some pediments that can help out with the roof lines as well? The curved ones. I know I have some from Holy Simoly donation pack 3. But I'll see if can find you some others.

#7 03-06-2012 
Thanks Kiri, there are some in mansion and gardens but they're 3 wide not 2

#8 03-06-2012 
An update:

I've changed the windows and doors and I think it looks much better now, I varied the colour of the doors Lee, they don't all have green doors do they? and varied the steps. Does that look better? I also found some different bricks too. I've added the pediment at the top of the houses but it is 3 wide and my houses are only 2 wide at the top.

#9 05-06-2012 
I found them! The other pediments! It's a Phoenix Phaerie upload at MTS

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=249870

These ones are smaller, also I think Marina has pediments as well. I'm not sure if any of them are 2 tile, but there's definitely one tile over-size there.

Phoenix Phaerie's pediments are 2-tile Smile

#10 05-06-2012 
Thanks Kiri, think I might already have these MTS ones. Who's Marina?

It's ok I've found her now - daughter had stuff from her.

Sorry, that is a members only option