Walls by Bex
#11 26-06-2012 
I think the walls will be nice, but at the moment, I wouldn't consider downloading them. The colours are not tonally good for me - and dragging back the saturation will help the brightness, but is more likely to make the colours muddy.

Can I suggest a different palette? Most people don't go for colours that bright.

There used to be a site called 603010.com.au that is now gone, done by Taubmans. I have however saved the palettes that they suggested. They are attached.

Alternatively, Find a picture you really like - and go to this site -

Color Palette Generator - It will pick out the colour palette of a picture.

What this does is give you a harmonious collection of wall paints that look good with each other, and are easy on the eye.

They'll generate a hex number colour, that you can then apply to your picture.

You also want to have a closer picture of your walls - pretty much as close as you can get - up to 100% sizing, with the colour swatches for the different colours, and one main wallpaper to see the textures.

The reason why you want a harmonious collection of colours in your set is that it will be downloaded more. Colours that work together are more attractive to the eye. You also want a close up of your wall, because people will want to see what is special about it, rather than what it looks like at a distance. At a distance it could be a Maxis wall - you need to show that your walls have style!

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

celebkiriedhel, proud to be a member of LeeFish since Dec 2010.
amazon wishlist because Lee said so.

#12 26-06-2012 
Thank you, I'll hold on to that. I have already toned down the colors (some of them a lot). Here is a zip folder with the new ones in it. Since they are still in the works, I am glad to listen to any ideas.

Attached File(s)
.zip  Walls BexWorx Test1.zip (Size: 305.7 KB / Downloads: 465)
RebaLynn1960, proud to be a member of LeeFish since Apr 2012.

#13 26-06-2012 
You definitely want a closer picture - the texture is interesting, and you can't see it in your current pictures.

Those ones are still very bright to me - are these ones the latest? The Blue, Green and Yellow particularly is quite neon.

The Silver and Black are good. And the Brown is quite a rich colour but looks good.

You know - it may be a difference in our graphics as well.

#14 26-06-2012 
NO, the ones in the picture are not the same, any more. I will post a new photo in a little while.

All of the one's you mentioned are toned down quiet a bit now.

#15 26-06-2012 
Here is the new Pallet of colors.
[Image: Walls.jpg]
Black
Blue
Dark Blue
Brown
Bronze
Gray
Gold
Green
Orange
Pink
Purple
Red
Dark Red
Silver
White
Yellow.

#16 27-06-2012 
Hi Reba - I was doing it based on the ones you had linked in your most recent post, not the ones in the picture. Sorry - I should have made that more clear.

#17 27-06-2012 
I realized that. So, how do you like the new ones ... should I make any changes to any of these colors?

#18 27-06-2012 
I think that it is still really hard to see what is going on. I appreciate that picture taking is not really your "cup of tea" but we cannot get an idea of what is going on at all.

I suggest (so you can show us what you have as clearly as possible) that you set up a room with three walls and a plain carpet. Then paper the walls with one of your papers. Now you are ready to take a picture.

Zoom in a bit and switch to cameraman mode. Using the keyboard line up the shot so you can see the top and bottom of the wall in good light at a straight on angle. Ideally you would have three pieces of wallpaper next to each other so that the tiling is shown (no mismatched edges on the texture) and the wall width and height as much as possible filling the screen. Then take the picture.

TIP: if you have seasons installed either put a roof on or watch out for rain. If you use a roof you will need lighting of course.
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#19 27-06-2012 
I'll keep that in mind for the next pictures. I did attach the files to post # 12, in case anyone wants to download them for a better look.

#20 28-06-2012 
I'd like to thank Michelle for these great pictures.

[Image: RedWall-11255x941.jpg]

[Image: PurpleWall-11255x941.jpg]

Sorry, that is a members only option