Recognising Newer Graphics Cards for Sims2
#221 09-01-2014 
Hi Rawmilk, yes I've been working on it - I came to the conclusion that it requires more than one tutorial, and I've put up the first ones in WIP

Creating a graphics tutorial - comprehension help please

But so far no-one has commented, so they're not interested, or they're too busy, or they don't know what to say. I'm guessing that it's the last.

#222 09-01-2014 
*cough* or they are too lazy to fix their graphics problems in AGS because the full game looks nice and shiny *cough* /me looks guilty....
Kiri, thank you for your hard work, I will try to read the tutorial this week and give you some useful feedback...

#223 09-01-2014 
Kiri, hi again! I update about my problem. I uninstalled all the games and installed Double Deluxe. I Installed only H&M and Glamour Life and the textures were high. But then I wanted to install Mansion and Garden since it's the last one, and then they were low again.

I've realized that in my Graphic Rules.sgr you can see some lines which says "Medium But Default Low" and I have not seen these lines in others files, so maybe that's the problem with my graphics...

EDIT: I have re-installed the game again. Now I only have Doble Deluxe. I'd like to edit the files again from the beginning and see what happens. Tell me what to do first Kiri (again Tongue )

#224 10-01-2014 
Hi Alex, I've kind of forgotten what your problem was. Can you send me the following files?

Config-log.txt.

The Graphics Rules from the M&G (if you still have it) - it sounds different from mine.
The Graphics Rules from your current game.

#225 10-01-2014 
Hey Kiri, my problem was with textures that turned from High to Low. Now I've got only Double Deluxe Installed. From what I've seen, Smooth Edges is greyed out and I guess that after installing M&G the problem with textures will return... But now I give you my files only with Double Deluxe.

Attached File(s)
.txt  NITRO-PC-config-log.txt (Size: 9.53 KB / Downloads: 494)
.txt  Graphics Rules.txt (Size: 33.15 KB / Downloads: 584)
.txt  Video Cards.txt (Size: 26.68 KB / Downloads: 495)

#226 11-01-2014 
OK - your Config Log says that you have problems in your Double Deluxe as well. According to it you only have 64Mb texture memory. This is obviously wrong.

This is your Graphic Rules card with the texture memory fix in the Double Deluxe: Download Card

That will correct the texture memory problem and you will find that the anti-aliasing is turned on. Save your old card first, then pop this one into the appropriate spot.

Then see if you still have the high to low problem before installing the M&G.
(This post was last modified: 13-01-2014 12:38 AM by celebkiriedhel.)

#227 11-01-2014 
Hello celebkiri, I'm really hoping you can help me. I had to buy a new laptop, and after installing all my Sims 2 games, this happens.

Video HERE

It's awful and makes it so hard to play. I don't understand what the issue is because my laptop is good enough to play Sims 3 flawlessly. What information do I need to give you to hopefully get this fixed. I'm currently ripping my hair out. My graphics card is an Intel HD Graphics 4400.

Attached File(s)
.txt  Graphics Rules.txt (Size: 33.31 KB / Downloads: 540)
.txt  Video Cards.txt (Size: 26.68 KB / Downloads: 551)

#228 11-01-2014 
Hi INateYou -

That's a very strange problem and one that I haven't seen before. To be honest, I'm not sure what I can do to help with this... but I'm hoping that there is something in the config-log.txt that can help me out.

can you attach your Config-log.txt? That's in your log folder in your game folder.

Does your game crash at all when this happens?

What I'm going to do after I have a look at your config-log is put some trace into your graphic rules and see if I can find what's causing this.

Also...

Can you please attach the following files from your Sims 3 game:

1. DeviceConfig.log that can be found in your game folder - \My Documents\Electronic Arts\Sims 3\
2. Graphic Rules.sgr from your most recent expansion in your program folder - \Electronic Arts\<expansion pack>\Game\Bin\

What I want to do, is compare what Sims3 and Sims2 are seeing with the game, and what the differences are.

#229 11-01-2014 
Thank you so much! I really hope we can work through this. My game doesn't crash or lag or anything, it plays very quickly and smoothly besides that graphical problem.

Attached File(s)
.txt  DeviceConfig.txt (Size: 5.18 KB / Downloads: 564)
.txt  GraphicsRules.txt (Size: 46.86 KB / Downloads: 709)
.txt  SHEILA-config-log.txt (Size: 10.44 KB / Downloads: 491)
INateYou, proud to be a member of LeeFish since Jan 2014.

#230 11-01-2014 
What is your OS? Windows 8?

Sorry, that is a members only option