Recognising Newer Graphics Cards for Sims2
#31 17-06-2013 
I wouldn't worry about the RAM - that's just the RAM for the video, not the total RAM.

Shadows from your config is set to the max, you can set it to lower if you like - in the userProps.xml in the Config folder of your game folder (i.e. it's not controlled by the Graphics Rules) The range is 1-3 where 3 is the highest. The game should allow you to do it within the game, but it can be done outside the game if it's not being helpful.

#32 20-06-2013 
  • Registered
Hi, I have the same problem and when I do the first step and I try to get into the game, the Directx 9.0 error appears. So I tried to look for the config log txt and the only thing I found was that:
Log generated on 6/20/2013, 01:19

and it seems that the first part is missing so I'm very lost. My card is AMD Radeon HD 7670M. Please I need some help!! Thanks in advance.

#33 20-06-2013 
  • Registered
Hello Kiri, I also have the problem where Sims 2 doesn't recognize my Radeon HD 7970 video card. I applied your video cards and graphic card rules to my Config and CSConfig folders in the latest expansion, the Mansion and Garden Stuff, but the silly game still persists in locking me at 800x600 and disabled all the advanced graphic options. You are great for doing this.

Edit: Doh! I noticed I was replacing the .sgr files for the base game and not the expansion. I overwrote the ones for the correct expansion and now the game allows me to change everything but the resolution.
Edit2: I have managed to kludge a solution but I still haven't started playing the game to check if the game performs properly. What I did was edit the low settings from 800600 to 19201080. The game now gave me all the resolution options. The only thing that remains grayed out is the shadows part. Do you need me to send you any file that could help?

.txt  KARNATAKI-PC-config-log.txt (Size: 10.26 KB / Downloads: 520)

#34 20-06-2013 
Alexito - can you take out all changes. Run the game and send me that config-log.txt? Thanks. Generally the Directx 9.0 error occurs when there is a program error.

BorneoSavage - It's generally not a good idea to fiddle the low settings - because it does more than change the screen size. If you could send me the config-log.txt I can see what is happening and suggest a solution. I've also noticed that for others the shadows remains unchoosable.

#35 20-06-2013 
  • Registered
Thank you because now the log file appears as normal:
And now?

#36 20-06-2013 
@Alexito - please use spoiler tags

Code:
[spoiler=something]
your super lonnnnnnng post
[/spoiler]

#37 20-06-2013 
  • Registered
Ooops sorry, thank you for telling me Wink

#38 21-06-2013 
Alexito - your texture memory is fine - that's not the problem, so putting that change in your card wouldn't have fixed it. You have an Intel card, and that has it's own problems - its not an AMD Radeon.

Name (driver): Intel® HD Graphics 4000
Name (database): Intel® HD Graphics 4000 <<NOT FOUND IN DATABASE!>>

Can you zip up your graphic rules.sgr and video cards.sgr for me and attach it to me, and I'll make the changes for you.

#39 21-06-2013 
  • Registered
The problem is that I also have a AMD Radeon graphic card so I don't know how to run it when I want to play The Sims 2.
Thank you again for helping me Wink

Attached File(s)
.rar  GraphicZip.rar (Size: 10.2 KB / Downloads: 520)

#40 21-06-2013 
That's probably the reason why you're having difficulty with the graphics. Intel cards don't seem to cope well with Sims2.

Which does mean that your Graphic rules and Video Cards are unlikely to be the problem, although I will look over them for you.
In the meantime, I'll see what I can find about swapping over the graphics cards.

Sorry, that is a members only option