Recognising Newer Graphics Cards for Sims2
#411 08-03-2014 
  • Registered
I only signed into this forum to express, that absolutely great creative programming by the OP.
Fixed my issues with anti-aliasing (smooth textures) at year 2014. Also managed to config my max resolutions.

Now as the game sees my Graphics card as "high end" the game runs much smoother.

Thank you

#412 08-03-2014 
Hi!
I've been trying to make my game recognise my graphics card but i am not very tech savvy and so i am failing miserably.
This is from my DxDiag:

But I don't know how to edit the Video Card.sgr to make it register my card. I would very much appreciate the help.
Thank you
(This post was last modified: 09-03-2014 01:03 AM by leefish.)

#413 09-03-2014 
Hi ZimZalabim.

To make your game recognise your card - I need to see your config-log.txt that you get from your log folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims 2\

Then we can fix. Smile

letkajenkka - thankyou so much. I'm really pleased that it's fixed your problems. Smile

#414 09-03-2014 
Thank you for your timely response! Smile I've spoilered it this time, sorry 'bout that, so here it is:

#415 09-03-2014 
You've left off the top and bottom of the config-log, so I can't tell what expansion packs you've got, or what the quality of your PC is, to see if it can support it. I also can't tell what your game is doing with the Video Card.sgr that you are using, and I can see that you are using an amended one.

Please include the whole of the config-log.txt. Thanks.

OK. For you to get hi-res/hi-textures you need to download this card - Intel

Then install it in your program folders -

\Programs\EA\<latest expansion pack>\TSData\Res\Config\
\Programs\EA\<latest expansion pack>\TSData\Res\CSConfig\

According to your config-log, the card is already in the Video Cards.sgr. But because I'm missing the info that I need, I can't tell if it's correct or not.

Please ATTACH your config-log.txt in its entirety, rather than adding it under a spoiler. If you can't work out how to do that - please send the text file to me at celebkiriedhel#@#yahoo.com (remove the #'s)
Also, send me the video cards.sgr that you are using.
(This post was last modified: 09-03-2014 11:56 PM by celebkiriedhel.)

#416 09-03-2014 
@ZimZalaBim use the REPLY button at the top, or hit preview in the quick reply box. Then you will be taken to the "full" editor and you can attach files.

#417 09-03-2014 
Thanks leefish, I haven't posted on a forum for ages so i'm a little rusty.
I had to cut the post because of the word count but i'll include it now and for some reason that link is not sending me to the right place.

.txt  GLORIA-config-log.txt (Size: 10.31 KB / Downloads: 475)
ZimZalaBim, proud to be a member of LeeFish since Mar 2014.

#418 10-03-2014 
Sorry about the link - I had an extraneous space in it. It will work now.

As well, here is a correct Video Cards. sgr for you - pop it in the same place. Which is the Mansion & Gardens Expansion Pack.

Download Video Cards.sgr for Intel

Once you've done this, let me know how it goes.

You do have enough CPU for hi processing (just enough, the high end needs 3000MHz, you have 3073MHz), you have enough memory, and enough texture memory. You also have the Vertex processing to handle it. So there's no reason why it shouldn't work.

Just one thing - Are you on Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8? I'm thinking Vista from your Config-log. (It says NT 6.0)

#419 10-03-2014 
Thank you Kiri, I shall try it out tomorrow. Smile I'm on a Windows 8 laptop but I set the compatibility mode to Vista to try and make it work but then I tested the texture settings and found that it didn't crash on low graphics but it did on high. Yet it runs the Sims 3 on the highest settings swimmingly which is when I realised it was my card causing the problems. It's good to know that it can work and not the opposite because the Sims 2 will always be my favourite of the series.
(This post was last modified: 10-03-2014 05:08 PM by ZimZalaBim.)

#420 10-03-2014 
Windows 8 does cause problems with Sims 2, where it doesn't with Sims 3 because Sims 3 has been updated to cope with Windows 8, and Sims 2 hasn't. It's not so much a problem with your card, but it is a problem with the way the PC processes it.

You're probably going to need the shadows fix as well for it.

When you say crash - what exactly happened?

Sorry, that is a members only option