Recognising Newer Graphics Cards for Sims2
#421 10-03-2014 
I think EA should have at least made a patch for it as a lot of people still play the game. Sad I didn't know there was a shadows fix!
I put the Video Cards.sgr into the Config and CSConfig folders but it still crashes in bodyshop, CAS and anything to do with changing the appearance of a sim.
Is there anything i'm missing?

.txt  TS2BodyShop 2014.03.10 17.31.02.txt (Size: 9.67 KB / Downloads: 557)
ZimZalaBim, proud to be a member of LeeFish since Mar 2014.

#422 10-03-2014 
#423 10-03-2014 
I tried that but it still yielded the same results as before. I don't think I have a Nvidia card but in the Intel control panel I have it running on high performance.

#424 10-03-2014 
@ZimZalaBim are you running the game as admin?

#425 11-03-2014 
Agrees with Leefish - here's a graphic for you. This is what your compatibility tab should look like with the change.

You need to do this for both the sims exe, and the body shop exe, otherwise they will crash.

[Image: Compatibility-Win8.jpg]

Edit - You say that you put the video cards.sgr in both folders - did you put the Graphic Rules in both folders as well?

2nd Edit - I notice that both your body shop crashes have CC in them. While I now that CC doesn't necessarily crash things, it can be worthwhile to test it without CC, because it keeps the causes simple.

For example -
CC can be high-poly. That can be a problem for Body shop, that is separate to the graphics issue.
CC can have huge textures. That also can be a problem because it requires way more processing as a result.

I'm NOT saying that you can't have CC in the game - I'm just saying that while we're getting your graphics working, it's best to test it without CC.

3rd Edit Once we've eliminated the other things, there is a couple more things we can do to get rid of the crashes - although these are somewhat outside my expertise so I will point you to the posts, rather than explain them here.

#426 11-03-2014 
Lee - lets leave this one unlocked until we've finished sorting ZimZalabim.

#427 11-03-2014 
ok Kiri - for the NEW one - make a reply and just put "placeholder" as the text. Heck, make TWO replies.

#428 11-03-2014 
I done dood a reply - and added the extra bit there. So it's all rip roaring and ready to go.

In the meantime - people who are not Zimzalabim, and want to fix their graphic cards - go here - Sims 2 and Graphics Cards - the Fixes

#429 11-03-2014 
I've been having this problem before I put CC but i tried again sans CC and..
[Image: here_we_go_again.png]
The only thing is I couldn't change the compatibility mode on SP9.exe
[Image: SP9.png]

EDIT: I just found the GraphicsRules you posted earlier. I must have missed it. I'm just going to add it now. Slap
(This post was last modified: 11-03-2014 03:11 PM by ZimZalaBim.)

#430 11-03-2014 
That's the shortcut Zimzalabim - you can't change the compatibility on that.

If you have look at the Target in the window picture that you posted up - the thing to change is Program Files\Mansion and Garden Stuff\TSBin\Sims2EP9.exe

That's the one you have to change the compatibility on.

Sorry, that is a members only option