Recognising Newer Graphics Cards for Sims2
#51 27-06-2013 
Thank you. No one else ever mentions that little detail. Which is strange since it seems so important. Also, while I'm beginning to agree that my hood is corrupted since I haven't been able to recreate the flashing pink in any other hood I have, I'm wondering how? I mean, I didn't have any sims living there. Never even played the hood. Have just been building houses and making it look pretty. If an empty hood can become corrupted out of the blue, what's to stop any of my other hoods from going the same way?

#52 28-06-2013 
Absolutely nothing - however, if it is about CC load, which is what we think it is - then it's controllable by limiting the amount of CC, and of course taking regular back-ups means that if the hood corrupts, you just return to an earlier non-corrupted hood.

#53 28-06-2013 
Dominie, try this:

Attached File(s)
.rar  Config2.rar (Size: 10.7 KB / Downloads: 567)

#54 29-06-2013 
Ty Leefish...it works perfectly! Thank you so much for your help. Thank you Kiri! Leefish went by your info on this thread. Smile

I have one question though that has me confuzzled. Is it normal, even with great graphics, to not be able to see neighborhood trees from inside a lot unless the trees are right next to it? I can see rocks, the lighthouse, street signs, that are faraway...but not trees.

Edit: awww, I just noticed my new avi..so cute!

#55 29-06-2013 
Thanks Lee - sorry Dominie, this week was full of distraction.

To be honest, I have no idea with the trees.

#56 29-06-2013 
Kiri..no apology needed. I was patient..eager, lol..but patient. And I figured you were busy. Lee offered to help and so we gave it a try, and thanks to your great instructions, Lee was able to help me. Ty Smile

#57 29-06-2013 
@Kiri - I was shaking like a leaf all the way through Big Grin

I was so scared I was gonna break Dominie's game. But we held each other's hand all the way through it and by reading through this thread we got it to work. Thank you.

#58 29-06-2013 
I really do need to pull out my finger and write a proper tutorial.

You did really well Lee - and I'm sure that next time you won't be so nervous. Big Grin

#59 30-06-2013 
Hey celebkiriedhel

Just wanted to give you an update on my flashing pink issue. Still unsure it's a corrupted hood and maybe something to do with the download folder. Having removed all CC and loading the game, the pink disappeared. Tried out the 50/50 method with the download folder and narrowed the issue down to a couple subfolders possibly conflicting. Only things aren't that simple since another test pointed to another group of subfolders as the culprits. In both tests, none of the guilty subfolders caused flashing pink on their own. So there's some sort of conflict but I can't seem to narrow down which subfolders are guilty of it. Again, not ruling out the corrupted hood theory. Still plugging away Smile

#60 30-06-2013 
Thanks MsNorrington - I really appreciate you doing this and updating me. If you find the reason that will be helpful for a whole group of people.

Sorry, that is a members only option