Pepsi my cat
#11 15-06-2012 
I'm glad to hear Pepsi is doing better, Karen! I'm crossing my fingers he'll keep doing better and start eating again.

#12 15-06-2012 
I hope you can find foods that Pepsi can find it easier to eat. Smile

#13 15-06-2012 
We're trying everything we can think of! Cat food, cooked chicken, tuna, biscuits, yoghurt - all his favourites. He eaten a little today, more than he has all week. He's very skinny now. It's heart-breaking to see him like this. Usually he's so active - catches loads of birds and mice!
Karen Lorraine, proud to be a member of LeeFish since Jan 2012.

#14 16-06-2012 
my girls go wild over prawns (cooked) If he likes yoghurt he might like custard?

Also has your vet given him Lysine powder to sprinkle on his food? That builds up his immune system, and it may give him a bit more oomph. (of course there may be good reasons why he can't, but I suggest it because it's done the world of good to my girls).

#15 16-06-2012 
Thanks for that Kiri, might ask the vets about that. He is at least interested in his food now, just eating very little. Just been out to get some odd tins of different food to see if that'll wet his appetite. Could do with the cat equivalent to the human 'build-up' food/drink.

#16 18-06-2012 
Some good news!

Pepsi's eating small amounts of food more readily now, still very small amounts but at least he's eating rather than just refusing.

#17 18-06-2012 
That is so wonderful Karen! Thankyou for that good news!

#18 18-06-2012 
Great news Karen.

#19 20-06-2012 
Well the news was short-lived unfortunately. Pepsi is refusing food again, have an appointment for the vet tomorrow, let's see if they can come up with anything new. Have some vet food to try him on too - will try it later.

#20 21-06-2012 
I'm sad to say that today I had to have my Pepsi put to sleep. I'm very sad but know it was the right thing to do. He was just getting weaker and weaker and there was nothing more they could do for him. He went very quickly and peacefully. Going to bury him under his favourite bush. Thank you to all your support and comfort.

Sorry, that is a members only option