Pepsi my cat
#1 13-06-2012 
I just wanted to say thank you to you all for your caring support over the last few days with my cat, Pepsi. He is a very much-loved puss. He meets me at the door on my return from work, follows me around the house and just generally is a very good-natured puss who is always purring. Although, I must not admit I'm not missing the 'presents' he brings me.

He has had his ultrasound scan which showed a tumour, either in his bowel or in a lymph node in his abdomen. I'm not putting him through the trauma of a biopsy. The vet has suggested a monthly steroid injection to reduce the tumour and hopefully it will encourage him to eat too. At the moment he is not eating at all, and that in itself is concerning as he has lost a quarter of his body weight. Hopefully that'll kick in very soon. The treatment should give me a few more months with him before we have to say goodbye.

Anyway, many thanks for all your messages of support over the last few days.

Karen
Karen Lorraine, proud to be a member of LeeFish since Jan 2012.

#2 13-06-2012 
Oh Karen! (((hugs))) here's hoping that Pepsi gets his fizz back.

#3 13-06-2012 
Awww, we have been watching the reports on Pepsi on the blabber - I hope he can stay around a bit longer and be happy and comfortable. How old is Pepsi?
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#4 13-06-2012 
He's 12. I know you have that's why I decided to post here, I'll update his progress here. At the moment he's still not eating and he's still being sick. Thanks Lee

#5 13-06-2012 
Though I don't normally like Pepsi, in this case I will make an exception, and say a prayer or two for all of you.
RebaLynn1960, proud to be a member of LeeFish since Apr 2012.

#6 13-06-2012 
I'm still sending virtual hugs his way. Smile

Our Sugar Bear used to be a scrapper- come home all scratched up, sometimes with bites. One of those got infected once and he got sick. I was so scared. My cats are my other babies! He finally got better and seems to have learned a lesson. But it was touchy there for a bit. Wish it were that easy for your Pepsi.

#7 13-06-2012 
Thanks everyone. He keeps being sick, just hoping that he might turn a corner tomorrow or he'll be back at the vets on friday.

Becca: all the animals we've had over the last 12 years have had fizzy drinks names. Our other cat is called Coke. We had many guinea pigs with drink names, Fanta, Sprite, Fizzy, Mr Pop, Soda, Bubbles etc

#8 13-06-2012 
Karen I hope Pepsi starts eating soon and is in no pain, I'll say a prayer for him and your family.

#9 14-06-2012 
I really hope Pepsi is ok, our pets provide us with such joy and love and they ask us for very little in return. My cat turned 11 this year, so I kinda worry about her too, but she is a 100% indoor cat.
[Image: sig55.jpg]

#10 15-06-2012 
Think Pepsi may have turned a corner today. I was up very early for me this morning, 6am. He has tried to eat a couple of times - better than the rest of the week where he has just turned his nose up at anything I've offered him. Not whooping just yet, he needs to be like this all day before I whoop!

Thanks for all your messages and prayers, it's really good to know that you all care so much.

Sorry, that is a members only option