Coffin for Fansee (Vampire Bed)
#31 15-06-2012 
NixNivis;14362 Wrote:
leefish Wrote:oh, and an idea from B - she said why not have a music box or jewelery box that is basically a mini coffin ?

With an animated lid (and maybe a little pop-up vampire), that you can open and close...

...and that is something I can actually do. Smile (I can't make super advanced animations - I'm no Rebecah - but this wouldn't be. But it would look nifty!) I can't mesh very well right now, though; need functioning left arm for that.

Whoa - well, can one of us help with the mesh and you help along with the BHAVs and anims? Is that possible?

No pressure of course - but you would be very welcome Big Grin
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#32 15-06-2012 
Ooh wow everyone! You've been busy!

Michelle: Love the little bears, LOL. Totally looks like they're showing off their fangs in that pose. And the grungy coffin vampire bed recolour looks great, very grungy! I will PM you my other recolours so you can work with them... or perhaps the PSDs? (The PSDs are a mess of unintuitive layers, which is why I hesitate to offer those.)

MLC: I've always loved that freezer bunny - use it everywhere - but the eyes ARE a little creepy now that I've had a closer look. I think they work well with the bloody fangs. Anyway. Three drawers on the table sounds good! Looking forward to your pic. I'll send you all my coffin vampire bed recolours too so you can see how the texture mapping works with the wood base recolours.

Lee and B: LOVE the music box idea, OMG. LOL.

Nix: Love the music box idea even MORE with your additions, OMG. Let us know how we can help! I'll send you the mesh and all my coffin vampire bed recolours too so you can work with them whenever you're up to it. Oh, and here is the Object Name/Description I originally made. I had looked up how to say "sleep" or "sleepy" in Swedish and came up with this:

Quote:Sömnig Vampire Sleeper

Clean. Modern. Timeless. Made of solid wood and outfitted with comfy pillow and bedsheet, this light-tight sleeping chamber need not be hidden away - its sleek lines and beautiful finish will match any decor. No more relegating you to graveyards and basements, my vampire. No more.

Brought to you by the HoneyLambCatFish team.

(May have to amend that team name again though, depending how we decide to upload it all.) Big Grin

#33 15-06-2012 
Celebrate

@Lee, that's absolutely possible. If I have a mesh, then the rest is a piece of cake (and now I do, thanks to Fansee) - or at least, not as left-hand-requiring. Smile

@Fansee, got the PM, thanks! And Sömnig is a great name (great description, too!), that definitely sounds like something Ikea would name a coffin vampire bed. Smile (Unless they were feeling sadistic, then they might name it Dagsljus - daylight.)

* NixNivis is Swedish, so Ikea is in her blood... and that's probably not the best thing to talk about in a vampire-inspire thread vamp

Now... IMO, if it's a music box, it's needs music. Do any of you know how to do that - add sound to an object, I mean? I know it can be done, but I have no idea how. (I am pretty good at following written instructions, though, so if I can just hunt down a tutorial...)

Oh, and we do want a little pop-up vampire, right? Right??

#34 15-06-2012 
popup vampire music-box!!!

OMG...

#35 15-06-2012 
Can fansee somebody please refresh my memory - is there a sound effect when vampire sits up in the coffin? I think I vaguely remember there being some spooky sound when they wake up, but I haven't played vampires since NL came out and then I had all of one, so I might be wrong.

* NixNivis is plotting, yes she is

#36 15-06-2012 
Yes there is - it does a thunder roll Big Grin

Do you need a sit up vampire mesh? There are some simple meshes in the dolls house

#37 15-06-2012 
Thanks, Lee! Glad to hear my memory was sort of working. Wink

And great minds think alike - I'm digging through the dolls house even as we speak. Smile

#38 15-06-2012 
I'm not sure how the sound files are handled but if you look at the raw view tab on the animations you can see which sounds play which could be helpful? They're not listed in the text lists which you'd think they should be--or at least I think they should be there. The one and only time I looked for sounds in SimPE I saw the files didn't have actual names and I gave up.

Hexameter is the one who wrote the custom sound tutorial and it might be helpful to look at echo's carousel for an example. Links:

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=235268

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=243078

#39 15-06-2012 
* fanseelamb bounces in anticipation of that music box

Hey Lee mentioned a modern vampire house too. My vampire family of 5-ish actually live in a modern home which I built for them not too long ago. Modern styling, 5 bedrooms - 3 have the Sömnig Vampire Sleeper and Ikea dresser, 1 has a nice double bed, 1 is a sweet little girl's room. There's a third floor games room with sauna and pool table, ground floor swimming pool oddly integrated into the living room (they're vampires okay!) minimal kitchen and dining, 1 little bathroom, and a hot red sports car in the car port. Perhaps I should take some pics...

ETA: A quick snapshot of the front. Perhaps I will take some better pics later. Or hey, if someone who's good at house photography wants to take pics of the thing and include it with our really weird upload set, I'd be glad to send over the packaged house without sims in it!

#40 15-06-2012 
@Honeywell, Thank you for the link to the tutorial! I haven't looked at it yet, but it sounds like it's just what I need. Big Grin

So that's where the animation sounds are hiding - I'd also expected them to be in the text lists (and thus, I haven't been able to find them). I don't think I've even noticed that tab before - so thank you for that, too! (Yay, maybe now I can make my trampoline users seem slightly less manic - all that "wheehee! Boinkyboinkyboink!" is driving me slightly nuts. I mean, it's great that the Sims are having fun, but they don't need to have that much fun. Tongue)

@fansee, yup, we want pics. Wink

Going off-line for the evening now, but I'll report back tomorrow. Smile

Sorry, that is a members only option