Slaving diagonal windows
#1 19-06-2012 
Okay, the subject title may be a little misleading.

So far I have slaved 5 straight window to a master, on the diagonal windows I've changed the Shape (SHPE) > Material Definition File name and removed the _cres in Geometric Node (GMND) > tsMaterialsMeshName (cDataListExtention) > string.

Now here's the problem, all the diagonal windows show up fine, the recolours show up fine, however, once the diagonal windows are placed I can't change the colour with the design tool (swatch tool). I just keep getting the little 'this object is not designable' message.

I have looked at a few tutorials...unfortunately I can't find anything that mentions how to fix this problem.

Wink If anyone on the site knows anything about windows Big Grin I would appreciated a little advice please.

BTW should have mentioned I slaved to the arch to the door and have the same problem with the diagonal arch. Arch is working now.

#2 19-06-2012 
well, did you change the values in the tsDesignModeEnabled tab? The name(s) in there should be the subset(s) names from the GMDC (the mesh groups). That would be the two you want to be designable if there are more than 2 mesh groups
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#3 19-06-2012 
leefish;14500 Wrote:well, did you change the values in the tsDesignModeEnabled tab? The name(s) in there should be the subset(s) names from the GMDC (the mesh groups). That would be the two you want to be designable if there are more than 2 mesh groups

Yes, that is the first thing I check when I slave something, as I didn't change the subset names in the GMDC they didn't have to be changed.
You can find more of my work at Mod The Sims and Plumb Bob Keep.

#4 19-06-2012 
Can you attach a window please?

#5 19-06-2012 
Sure can, I've included the Straight MASTER mesh & diagonal; as well as a straight and diagonal I slaved. I did not touch anything in Object Data (OBJD) on any of them. The diagonal for the master can be recoloured with the design tool (swatch tool) but the diagonal for the others can't

Didn't send them all, because altogether it's 12MB...and that's compressed.

ETA 1 recolour.

Attached File(s)
.zip  Windows.zip (Size: 999.66 KB / Downloads: 531)
.zip  recolour.zip (Size: 475.62 KB / Downloads: 485)
You can find more of my work at Mod The Sims and Plumb Bob Keep.

#6 19-06-2012 
There's one more thing you have to change in the GMND: in the blocklist item that has the same name as your subset ("woodtrim" in this case), you need to delete all entries except one and change the "name" field for that one to just the name of the subset. So, replace the "windowtwotilewideplateglass_woodtrim_whatever" with "woodtrim".

I just checked the short window in game, and with that change, it's happy to be subjected to the design tool. Smile

#7 20-06-2012 
I should have said the short window is the MASTER, I could change the colour of the diagonal for that one but not the others.

Thanks Nix, I tried changing the GMND, as you suggested, in one of the other windows, both the straight and diagonal...still doesn't recolour with the swatch tool.

#8 20-06-2012 
Hmm, Shell, I took a look. In theory - the dkwin1 should work and dkwin2 will not. You need to remove the "_cres" in the tsMaterialsMeshName.

See picture - see how the woodtrim one has that _cres? That should not be there.
Also - re file size - where are these master windows from and is the creator still active? I ask because the file size on the master window is colossal, and really could be trimmed down. There are a lot of probably extra wallmasks in there that I think could be optimised and the texture for the bars is a gobsmacking 1024 by 1024, which is close to insane (and it's a DXT3).

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

#9 20-06-2012 
leefish;14524 Wrote:Hmm, Shell, I took a look. In theory - the dkwin1 should work and dkwin2 will not. You need to remove the "_cres" in the tsMaterialsMeshName.
damn! I thought I had removed _cres from all of them.

leefish;14524 Wrote:Also - re file size - where are these master windows from and is the creator still active? I ask because the file size on the master window is colossal, and really could be trimmed down. There are a lot of probably extra wallmasks in there that I think could be optimised and the texture for the bars is a gobsmacking 1024 by 1024, which is close to insane (and it's a DXT3).

I've been told the site is long dead, as far as I know the creator is no longer around. You think the window file is colossal you should see the door. That's why I decided to slave the set, hate to imagine the size of the zip file if I recoloured each piece...1 door, 1 arch and 6 windows no recolours, original file size 14.5MB. I was also think about reducing the size of the texture on the recolours, I wasn't sure about the wallmasks but there did seem to be an awful lot to me.

For some reason my posts are not showing, so I will try again.

ETA yeah! it worked that time.

Edit again to add Lee, I check and I have removed the _cres on all my file, not showing up on any of them, so I'm not sure why it's on the file I sent you.

#10 20-06-2012 
@Michelle, yeah, I only checked the diagonals for the short window (both in SimPE and in game); your post sounded like you couldn't change the colour of ANY diagonal windows, so I didn't look at the tall one when I saw the short one was working. Sad

So, have you got them (all) to work? Or are they still bust?

Sorry, that is a members only option