Honeymoon Post BV
#1 24-06-2012 
Hallo BO Big Grin

We were chatting about sims getting married and how cool it was when the limo would come to get the sims and whisk them off on honeymoon.

Since Bon Voyage this no longer happens. Now, we either book a vacation when the sims are engaged and mark it as honeymoon or the sad saps just have no honeymoon.

It would be very cool if you could make a mod where in BV+ games if the sims have no holiday booked and have a good wedding party that the limo still comes and whisks them off round the hood for a bit returning them home all super happy.

Thank you, that is my request.
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#2 26-06-2012 
Oh my God... I was afraid that this might ever come to haunt me. I'm sure that great minds like TwoJeffs, Pescado and Squinge have tried to fix this at one time or another. But do we find such a fix anywhere? Nope. Apparently they didn't succeed.

So, I'm willing to put this on my to-do list, but I can NOT promise that anything good will ever come of it.

#3 26-06-2012 
Oh. I was afraid you might say that because I did look for it before wasting your time and asking. No sign of it anywhere.

If you can do it, I think it would be very popular, but I realise that there are lots and lots of requests to you BO, and it is better to maybe do three requests for many other simmers than spend ages on just one.
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#4 26-06-2012 
I'm glad you understand, Lee. And I also realize that a fix for the honeymoon would be extremely popular, just BECAUSE such a fix doesn't exist yet. Wink
Anyway, to me, modding is never a waste of time. Big Grin While looking into this honeymoon thing, I might get ideas about other issues I'm working on and vice versa. So, a fix *might* still appear one day.... you never know. I just wanted to make sure you wouldn't suffocate while holding your breath Wink

#5 10-09-2012 
BoilingOil;14747 Wrote:I'm glad you understand, Lee. And I also realize that a fix for the honeymoon would be extremely popular, just BECAUSE such a fix doesn't exist yet. Wink
Anyway, to me, modding is never a waste of time. Big Grin While looking into this honeymoon thing, I might get ideas about other issues I'm working on and vice versa. So, a fix *might* still appear one day.... you never know. I just wanted to make sure you wouldn't suffocate while holding your breath Wink

I don't know if either of you are aware of this or not but Jase has actually created this feature already, as a part of Inteen. He did this so that users could still use the Risky Honeymoon feature he had created and implemented in the Inteen release before BV, which was very popular. And the feature works exactly as Leefish decribed. If you've booked a honeymoon no limo comes, if you havent then it does (with of course the 5% risk of your sim coming back pregnant).

I know Inteen is not everyones cup of tea but I thought that you might find this knowledge useful in creating a standalone version of this feature for Leefish and other non-Inteen users. I hope it helps.

#6 10-09-2012 
Thank you very much Big Grin Yes, I am not really an InTeen user and would prefer a standalone mod, assuming that Jase allows his work to be recycled.

Sorry, that is a members only option