DIY Curtains/Blinds/Shutters
#1 11-07-2012 
So, this is only part one for this project..but I just wanted to show you the concept of it. These DIY Curtains allow you full customization with them since they are modular. You can combine one curtain with a different curtain rod and different rings.. the blinds have three sets of three different type of rolled up blinds that are height adjusted so you can place them in the appropriate places... and the shutters allow you to be able to make double window shutters or a different variation of your own. Smile

Right now, these are only Off Grid enabled.. in order to shift them (which is usually not necessary) you will have to use an OSMP. This is because EA made objects to where you can't make them both shift-able and off grid enabled. What a smart idea, right?

How to Use
It's simple. Just buy the object from the Decor>Curtains&Blinds Section.. hold ALT and then place where ever you want. You may need to rotate your view to birds-eye view just to make sure the curtain is in the right place.

So, now I'm working on Part 2 and I am wondering if you have an requests for a certain curtain you would like to see modularified (lol)? As a reminder, I cannot split curtains that are meshed together.. I can only modularify them as a single mesh.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

#2 11-07-2012 
Hey neat. I remember this for Sims2. It was very popular indeed.

Are these curtains texture linked to the EA originals?
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#3 11-07-2012 
leefish;14944 Wrote:Hey neat. I remember this for Sims2. It was very popular indeed.

Are these curtains texture linked to the EA originals?

Yes they are Smile And there was a TS2 version of this? I had no idea.. lol.

#4 11-07-2012 
Oh and while I am at it, can you upload the images rather than posting image links?

Thanks

#5 11-07-2012 
leefish;14948 Wrote:Oh and while I am at it, can you upload the images rather than posting image links?

Thanks

Oops! Sorry about that. The images' thumbnails seem to be a little smaller though

#6 11-07-2012 
SIMul8rReviews;14950 Wrote:Oops! Sorry about that. The images' thumbnails seem to be a little smaller though

Indeed. By just adding the image and NOT inserting it into the post you will create a gallery of images that open in the shadowbox. Much prettier.

#7 12-07-2012 
I was getting so excited, I was starting to hyperventilate, then I read Lee's reply realized it's not for Sims 2 and thought...okay, I am not going to repeat what I was thinking. Then I reread Lee's reply and started hyperventilating again...there is something like this out there somewhere for Sims 2. Now I just have to find it, if anyone knows where it is I'd appreciate a link, please.

*Shell thinks Lee should make everyone put a big Sims 2 or Sims 3 icon at the top of posts, like this.

#8 12-07-2012 
Michelle- Simplan X had some kind of build your own curtain set. Of course, the site is no more. If you don't have it, I MIGHT have it somewhere if it made the transfer to this computer.

Khakidoo has this set: which is probably more like the Sims 3 one posted here.
Edit: I knew there was more to that set... - and more yet.

#9 12-07-2012 
Celebrate Thanks for that MLC, I know exactly where to find the ones from simplanx...HERE.

#10 12-07-2012 
The booty!! How could I forget, lol. Actually, this set.

Sorry, that is a members only option