Willem
#11 22-07-2012 
Indeed. Where there is life, there is hope! *SOME* times, that hope is unfounded, but *THIS* is *NOT* one of those times! You're all going to get through this, and Willem is to have a few more years of life in him yet! (...or so I pray...)

#12 22-07-2012 
You and B hang in there, I pray Willem will be all right and that it's nothing more serious than a corneal ulcer.

* sending lots of positive thoughts and hugs to you, B and Willem.

#13 22-07-2012 
I'm thinking and praying for you and Willem, Lee. Here's hoping that it's the least nasty of those choices, and that Willem has a very happy life ahead of him.

#14 23-07-2012 
Sorry to hear the bad news. Thank you for all your efforts here. I hope all goes well for you.

#15 24-07-2012 
It is actually BAD news for Willem. It turns out that there was a 4th option but B did not tell me as she was afraid it would upset me.

Apparently there is some kind of cat infection which attacks a cat via its stomach and intestines. It is a virus which attacks the immune system and there is little you can do to stop it, there is no medicine you can give. The eye is a symptom of this disease. Sad

There is no known cure for this disease - it can kill a cat in weeks, or they can live for years. So , we hope for the latter and will continue to love and huggle him.

Thanks again to all of you for the kind messages - it did make me feel better and I told Willem all the fishes said hi. He looked up hopefully for food....
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#16 24-07-2012 
I am so sorry for Willem Sad Sad

I have a cat of 16 years and I'm always afraid that sooner or later It leaves me..

I hope Will can live for years and with a good quality of life.

#17 24-07-2012 
Oh Lee, I’m so sorry to hear that. I do hope and pray that it is the latter and you have many years left with Willem. He sounds so cute and loveable, just like my Pepsi. Is he any better than last week?

Please give him a big hug from me.
Karen Lorraine, proud to be a member of LeeFish since Jan 2012.

#18 24-07-2012 
Oh no, poor Willem Sad I hope with all my heart that he will live for years to come, despite this awful disease. Give him a petpet from me.

#19 24-07-2012 
Very sorry to here about your cat, Lee. I hope it's the lesser of the evils and he pulls through.

#20 24-07-2012 
Terrible news. I wish you the best.

Sorry, that is a members only option