Fire Effect
#51 17-08-2012 
Thanks. Smile I like watching the flames turn off when the sun comes up- knowing I made them do that gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling, lol.

About the stove, I'm trying to make up my mind. It'd be neat to have the flames come on in the morning/go out at night..but I keep getting hung up on the "medieval fire would be burning all the time" idea. *flips a coin* Hmmmm.. leave it as is. It bugs me to say that because it'd be neat to have it the other way, but the stove does fit a medieval theme as it is right now. So yeah, leave it be. You're more than welcome to see if you can figure it out anyway- it could always be used on a different mesh some time.

The poking? That's probably a good idea to have.

Wood basket it is. After I take a nap that is.. sleepy cat is sleepy. First day of school, so I was up earlier than usual to make sure the boys got the bus.

#52 18-08-2012 
There be poking here! Big Grin The Sims aren't actually poking the fire, though, they're poking the space above it; with the lower poking animation, the one used for the two-tile fireplaces, the Sim kept jabbing the poker through the oven shelf (or whatever it's called) and that looked weird. So I went with the higher, free standing fireplace animations instead. Which also looks a little weird, but who knows, maybe there's something on the shelf that needs to be poked at. Tongue (No hard feelings if you think it looks too weird and don't want to use it, though!)

I can't quite explain what I've done so that it makes sense to anybody else, though - so I've simply attached a file with the BHAVs and some other stuff. Just add everything in it to your package (keep the instance numbers) and presto! Your Sims can now poke the fire AND warm their hands! Or their butt. Wink (I threw a coin flip in there, so it's up to random chance which part of their body the Sims will choose to warm.)

We'll, they'll be able to do it in a moment, anyway. You'll need to do one other thing first, and that's add a new routing slot. The fireplace animations are meant to be performed from half a tile away, and of course that isn't where the routing slots for the stove are, so you'll need another routing slot for the poking. So add a routing slot and give it the same y and quaternion values as the routing slot for the (one tile) fireplace. And then your Sims can poke ovens and warm themselves 'til their heart's content! Celebrate

And I completely agree, it makes sense for a medieval stove to have the fire burning all night. But I think I'll keep looking at the auto turn on/off thing anyway - because if you know how to do that, then... well, let's say you have a vampire music box. Then you could do something silly and make it so that if you tried to play the music during the day, the vampire would sit up, burst into flame and then immediately lie down again... Rofl

Attached File(s)
.rar  AddUs.rar (Size: 9.87 KB / Downloads: 495)
[Image: nixedbuttongreen5.jpg]

#53 18-08-2012 
Woot! Thank you Nix!!!

I'll play around with it later...after I get tomorrow's picnic contribution made. (The thought of "not quite ready to eat 7 layer salad" is haunting me, lol.)

* mustluvcatz loves the vampire sitting up and bursting into flame music box idea

that ^ would be SO awesome! Smile

#54 18-08-2012 
Stop!! I forgot to give you a BCON! You'll get an "invalid constant" error without it. Slap Sorry about that!

You should have everything you need now, though. At least I can't think of anything else I might have forgotten. Tongue BTW, Sims can only poke/warm themselves if nobody is using the stove (because it wouldn't make sense otherwise IMO). Also, poking increases fun and warming comfort. (Can't take credit for that, though - it was already in the BHAV.) And you're very welcome! I'm happy to help. Smile

I've had that idea for the music box almost from the start, but it's stopped at being just an idea, until now. Stay tuned, as they say... vamp

Attached File(s)
.rar  bcon-1015.rar (Size: 134 bytes / Downloads: 494)
[Image: nixedbuttongreen5.jpg]

#55 19-08-2012 
Thanks to you, I'm sure I do have everything I need- except for one thing. My brain. Smile The BCON stumps me, I have no idea what I'm supposed to do with it. There was only 1 file in that rar. Is there something missing, besides my brain?

Yes, I've been looking around and haven't had much luck telling me what to do with a SimPE Packed File.

#56 19-08-2012 
Wait, so you mean you can't read minds?? Pfft! Tongue

Just add the BCON to the package like the rest of the stuff and you'll be good to go. Sorry - I should have said that!

I recommend trying the poke/warm themselves with testingcheats on the first time; then you'll get an error if there's something else I've forgotten to give you, and I'll know what it is I've missed. But I think this should be all.

Speaking of thinking (yeah, I know, I really shouldn't do that), I had a thought as I was playing with the stove. Would you like to have the faint crackle sound that the fireplace has? (Adding in game sounds thankfully isn't anywhere near as painful as adding custom sounds.) Or would it just be annoying to have it crackling all the time? Smile

#57 19-08-2012 
She can read minds, she is just pretending she can't. LOL
Sailfindragon, proud to be a member of LeeFish since Aug 2012.

#58 19-08-2012 
AND she has a Cat Cam hidden in my house! She tries to deny it, but I know it's here somewhere - and I will find it, yes I will...

Tongue

#59 19-08-2012 
Nix: The part that has me stumped is adding it- how to add it. If I right-click and click add, it adds it but then it says "User Defined". Having the crackling sound makes sense. Oh, almost forgot- you did say just add it. So you're not losing your mind..I am.

As for the rest of it- the reading minds and Cat Cam?

* mustluvcatz pleads the fifth

#60 20-08-2012 
The Cat Cam - I have definite proof. I filmed it filming Nix....

* leefish waves FishCam triumphantly. YES it has a fish-eye lens .
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

Sorry, that is a members only option