Fire Effect
#61 20-08-2012 
@MLC, that's because I'm an idiot and only gave you one file when you needed two. I forgot the .xml file. Blush Here are both files (it's still just one BCON, though) - now SimPE should recognise it as a proper BCON.

@Lee, that sounds... fishy. Tongue

Attached File(s)
.rar  BCON_TakeTwo.rar (Size: 462 bytes / Downloads: 476)
[Image: nixedbuttongreen5.jpg]

#62 20-08-2012 
I got this long video..uploaded it on YouTube, clicked the link right after everything was done- and it told me I (the user) had deleted the video!! ARGGGHHH. No I did not, stupid YouTube!

So- anyway, there were some hilarious moments whilst my sim was cooking. She used a TV dinner to lite the fire then put it in the oven to cook. After it cooked, she couldn't eat it cuz it poofed away. She also used a pan to lite the fire..it then poofed away. I don't think she got to eat anything I had her cook, lol. (Don't worry..I went back in and had her eat some chili!) Warming her hands was cute- warming her butt looked like she was propositioning the stove. (Either that or trying to impress Social Bunny..her constant companion since she spends her life doing nothing but testing things..)

I'm not complaining. I think it was funny and wanted you all to see it! (stupid youtube) Something went wrong somewhere, so in an attempt to see WHAT, I played around with it a bit. Taking out the fire lighting animations (I knew I was playing with fire, but wanted to see what happened) let her actually cook a hamburger and something else (crepes I think) in a frying pan up to a certain point- I got errors, which I expected. She still lit the fire with a TV dinner.

So I put the stove back the way it was. I'm sure it was something I did- maybe I goofed something up somehow adding the routing slot? (Which I did the way you'd add any other slot- except made it a routing slot and copied the values from a 1 tile fireplace for it.) I didn't touch the BHAVs and BCON that were added since I didn't think I was supposed to do anything to them.

OH..one other thing. The pie menu has 3 of the stove options and the other 2 say "Dynamic Menu"?

#63 20-08-2012 
Argh! If you're getting errors, it's either because I've forgotten to give you something, or because there's something you needed to do that I've forgotten to tell you. Sad (Can't tell which without knowing what errors you're getting, though.) Like the menus; I forgot to tell you that you had to delete the Pie Menu Strings already in the package, because the ones you've added have the same instance number and that will make the game completely confused. QED. Tongue But that's easily fixed; one of your two pie menu strings will only have one line, Default Menu. Delete that one.

But you know, I've already added all this stuff to the stove I got from you a while back... so here, have a stove. Smile Either just use it for reference or use it as-is (all I've done is added some BHAVs and their associates, so it's the exact same stove you gave me) - that's completely up to you.

Oh, I added the crackling sound! It resides in your Start Run Mode BHAV, after the effect. The fireplace has two crackling sounds and I'm not quite sure how they differ from each other, but I put both of them in the Sound ID text list just in case. If you want to change between them, just change the first operand in the sound BHAV. (You only have two sounds, so it should be either 00 - the current sound - or 01.)

Sorry for making this so difficult for you. I suck at explaining things. Confused

Attached File(s)
.rar  1TileWFireEffect-PokeNWarm.rar (Size: 224.93 KB / Downloads: 490)

#64 20-08-2012 
No, I suck at explaining things! I didn't get any errors until I took the lighting animations out. Which is what I expected to get- but I wanted to see what would change.. what changed is my sim didn't light the stove with a frying pan anymore, lol.

The Pie Menu? Aha! That's what I thought but didn't do it. I was way too ready for bed to play around with it anymore. Smile

You didn't make this difficult at all. It's not easy to just explain this stuff and what we've been doing with this stove is harder than, say, adding slots. Hmmmm..maybe it's not harder, just more involved? Or maybe I just think adding slots is extremely easy? Either way, it's getting done and it's going to be awesome!

Now- off to play with an awesome stove and explain to someone how to adjust slot heights AND fireplace animations.. Remember what I said about it not being easy to explain this stuff? Luckily- the person I'm going to be explaining stuff to gets it pretty fast, lol. (The slot height is easier, of course!)

* mustluvcatz thanks Nix from the bottom of her heart a million times over

#65 21-08-2012 
Double posting with a little update:

Everything is working just perfectly! There was still a little problem, which Nix worked out (I couldn't wrap my head around how to do it myself!) and I finished it up by adding the coals effect back in... one awesome stove, with fire AND crackling sounds.. coal and the BBQ effect.. AND the ability to poke the fire or warm hands now resides in my download folder. It is an awesome, awesome stove.

I really can't thank Nix enough. I'm not saying I could do another stove like this on my own- but I definitely learned a lot thanks to an awesome Nix and her never ending patience and willingness to help. Heart

#66 21-08-2012 
Awww, you sweet cat, you! Heart (And thank you for not mentioning that I was the one who caused the problem I later worked out. Blush ) I've learned a lot from this, too!

It is an awesome stove indeed. And the person it is intended for had better like it, because otherwise I swear I'm going to hunt her down and... glare at her really severely. Tongue

#67 21-08-2012 
Shhhhh, silly Nix! Nobody needed to know that it was you! Smile

Oh, I know the person this is for is gonna LOVE it. Along with the other fire. She probably won't even notice the rest of it until the "OMG! Fire!!" excitement wears off, lol. (I'm thinking I may have to do a couple of modern recolors for the stove, that's how much I love it.)

#68 22-08-2012 
Yeah, but I didn't want anybody to think it was you, since you were completely innocent. Smile

And I think it would be great to have some modern recols as well! Big Grin

#69 23-08-2012 
*happy dance* The whole set is done! I may have gotten carried away.. 11 meshes. But that includes a firewood holder type thing. Smile I can't wait to send it all on it's way!

Yes, this post has to do with BHAVs & BCONs! The stove is in the pic. It's had it's BHAVs, BCONs, Text Lists, SLOT, TTAs and TTABs poked and prodded like you wouldn't believe. (It's awesome..thanks again to Nix!) Really, I wanted to show the finished product and didn't want to post it in Fish Pics- just in case.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

#70 23-08-2012 
It looks AWESOME. I see why you might not want it blazed on the front page though Big Grin
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

Sorry, that is a members only option