Recolors don't look as they should
#1 26-08-2012 
Hello Smile

I made a new mesh (cloned from "On a Pedestal" statue") and it works great. My issue are the recolors:

[Image: tumblr_m90y9pOJeh1rze0h8o3_1280.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_m90y9pOJeh1rze0h8o1_1280.jpg]

The red one is the original mesh package, and the others are additional recolors. My problem is that pesky yellow line on the other Daleks. It doesn't show up in Milkshape, so the textures are fine, I believe. Some bits that can't be seen on these pictures (I'll take pics of that later) are red when they should be the same color as the rest of the Dalek. I have no idea what's going on, but I'd really like to fix it, if anyone knows how Smile

Thank you Heart

#2 27-08-2012 
Hmm. Have you tried making a solid grey bucketfill "texture" and importing that instead of, say, the blue texture (for each texture png AND the bumpmap) and looking in-game just to make 100% sure it's not the texture? It would be a simple easy check... and if it IS the texture or bumpmap, that's a simple easy fix. Milkshape is sometimes tricky since it only displays one texture at a time and this mesh appears to use 2 textures, so I'd do that quick in-game check. Can't think of anything else which might produce a yellow line like that, TBH.

* fanseelamb backs away from the scary Daleks

#3 27-08-2012 
I agree with Fanseelamb here - a solid bucketfill texture.
My guess is about the mapping, where the map doesn't actually cover the whole mesh, and you're getting bleed through of the original texture. which is why you'd get red where you're not expecting it.
celebkiriedhel, proud to be a member of LeeFish since Dec 2010.
amazon wishlist because Lee said so.

#4 18-09-2012 
I don't know if this has been fixed but it appears to me that the mapping of that particular line is prolly too near the Dalek's eye colour and that is why it is bleeding through and it is maybe not recolourable, you didn't say if you had several subsets.

#5 24-09-2012 
I fixeded it Big Grin No idea what went wrong the first time, but all is fine now. Is pretty, actually. Well, for a Dalek.

http://mistyinthebluebox.tumblr.com/post...-the-first
Misty, proud to be a member of Leefish since Feb 2011.

Sorry, that is a members only option