Do you prefer TS2 or TS3?
#1 27-08-2012 
  • Another Youngin
Well well. Do you prefer TS2 or TS3?
I *actually* prefer TS2, because TS3 in my computer is so glitchy, slowly...
Though, I hate the TS2 waiting times. Also, I hate the TS3 start waiting time, and the "implicit" waiting times (i.e, when I use the map and zoom in, it takes a lot of time for zooming and showing the lot).
If I'd had no technical problems, I'd probably like TS3. But well, I have them, so I prefer TS2 Big Grin

#2 27-08-2012 
I've tried sims3 but prefer sims2 Big Grin
Karen Lorraine, proud to be a member of LeeFish since Jan 2012.

#3 27-08-2012 
I've only *heard* about TS3, but never even *considered* playing it. So I think that explains where *I* stand Tongue

#4 27-08-2012 
My "journey" started with The Sims 2, and I currently own all the expansions/stuff packs for it. The only real problem I have with TS2 is the loading times, but those are mostly due to the game mechanics in 2004. I also own The Sims 3 (base game), and while there are several aspects of it that I enjoy (such as Create a Style, traits, the open-world style, and others), I just can't seem to fall in love with it as much as I did with The Sims 2.

TL;DR: Both games have their pros and cons, but overall I prefer The Sims 2.

#5 27-08-2012 
I find positive aspects in both versions:
- TS2: I think it is focusing on the lives of sims, there are more options for the game, but it is a bit limited about the building mode
- TS3: there are too many things to do and I lose myself Big Grin is no longer centered on the life of a single family..but there are more options for building (for example the basements)

#6 27-08-2012 
The Sims 2 without a doubt is my preferred game.
[Image: sig55.jpg]

#7 27-08-2012 
I guess I'm the oddball here, but I actually prefer playing TS3 over TS2, although, building was easier in TS2.

#8 28-08-2012 
I actually think they are different games. I currently prefer to play TS2 to TS3, but that doesn't mean I don't like TS3. There are a lot of things to like in TS3. There are a lot of things to like in TS2. I like them both.

Heavens - I still play TS1 when I can!
celebkiriedhel, proud to be a member of LeeFish since Dec 2010.
amazon wishlist because Lee said so.

#9 28-08-2012 
TS2 Smile

It's almost sad. My old computer couldn't run TS3, so my copy (which I won in a contest) sat on my bookshelf for a very long time. When I got this computer I was all excited. With all the cc avaliable, I was sure I'd like it. Nope. Hated every minute of it. I still download objects for it- just in case.

#10 28-08-2012 
I play both games. However from purely a creators point of view. I prefer creating meshes for Sims 2. Although I do enjoy doing patterns for Sims 3.

There is many things I prefer in Sims 3, such as open neighbourhood etc. But I didn't realise how much I preferred Sims 2 until I started creating for it again.
Sailfindragon, proud to be a member of LeeFish since Aug 2012.

Sorry, that is a members only option