Latest threads from a specific forum
#1 29-08-2012 
Hi, I would like to know if there is a way to make it look the latest posts only from a specific forumt, I think I need to find the ID of the forum, right?
Thanks in advance

#2 29-08-2012 
Yes, this is in fact very doable Deb, but you need to be careful as you don't really want to create lots of queries on portal.
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#3 30-08-2012 
This is ok, but I need a website "divided/split": in a place to put the latest samples, competitions/contests in another place, in another place the reviews of products tested (especially this is important to me, I would put it on the homepage), and few other sections.

It would be perfect if I could have two portal page Big Grin if the user clicks "samples" she/he has posts related to sample category and if he/she clicks on the post goes to the forum (as now with only the homepage), then if clicks on contests has posts relating to competitions, if clicks on reviews has the latest post review etc.

This there is on Wordpress, I know, but I'm happy also to have only the latest posts, if is impossible what I have written above Big Grin

#4 15-09-2012 
We have made a cool news page, news.php, and that is good. I am still thinking you need to review all the other new pages you have made for wasted queries etc.

#5 15-09-2012 
Queries are the biggest issue when pulling info from the DB. I have made that mistake before in going overboard in pulling info in blocks on my homepage/downloads page, only to find that the queries were through the roof.
Sailfindragon, proud to be a member of LeeFish since Aug 2012.

#6 15-09-2012 
Yes, the query itself is ok, it's the caching that I struggle with. Current query on each of the three custom queries is just around 0.000321865081787 seconds. Line retrieval is a LITTLE shaky as it is using a temp table, and it has 3 LEFT_JOINS, so I am fairly pleased with the performance all things considered.

#7 23-09-2012 
Maybe I'm to end this page, finally. I just can not align the slidershow... Sad there is always something that I can not run..

I have tried all codes (align="center" in every place!) but nothing, slidershow always on the left :/

I think the code is this: <table width="100%" align="center" style="background:#EDF3F2;"> but it doesn't work..uffff

#8 23-09-2012 
Ok, I will take a loook Big Grin

#9 23-09-2012 
Thank you! I have put fixed width to 1024px, so slidershow is ok for all screen resolutions..this is a good idea?

#10 23-09-2012 
Yes, I would go with that.

Is fixed. You had a float left property on the nav tabs ul.

Sorry, that is a members only option