True Blood Object
#21 30-08-2012 
Well actually, when that happened, my sig wasn't visible ANYWHERE outside the "Edit profile" section. That's what confused me the most.

#22 31-08-2012 
NixNivis;16080 Wrote:Okidoke, now I've looked at Talbot in SimPE and in game. Smile

Cynnix, you're right, you did miss something when you added the glass subset: You didn't add it to the shape. That's why it won't show up. (Been there, done that, still keep missing it...)

And when you can see the glass, you'll see that the goo doesn't actually change shape when placed, but that the mesh is tilted. It's the skeleton that does that, so try assigning all vertices 100% to the same joint (I recommend root_trans) - that should fix the tilt.

But even if you change the bone assignments, Talbot will still sink into the ground (also noticeable once you can see the glass). Sad That's easily fixed, though:
Go to the CRES and select "Joint0 - teddybear" in the blocklist. Then simply change the Z translation to 0,150000, and Talbot will be at floor level. (Maybe you already know it, but Z in SimPE is the height and Y is the depth. I swear they do these things just to play with our minds... Confused)

Hope this helps!

I'm stuck Blush I've never edited the CRES before, I found it in the blocklist, but I have no idea how to change it.

EDIT- I think I found it, starting the game to test now Smile

EDIT2-ok, glass is working and it's on the floor but tilted Smile

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Cynnix, proud to be a member of Leefish since Mar 2011.

#23 31-08-2012 
Well, that is looking a lot better anyway. Maybe in the cres there is a tilt on the X axis?
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#24 31-08-2012 
It does! Everything is at 0.000whatever except for the one Nix had me change.

#25 31-08-2012 
Can you attach the new version?

#26 31-08-2012 
Sure can, thanks Leefish Smile

#27 31-08-2012 
Ok, I am NO expert on the cres - you need MLC or Nix or Lunie for that - but - I think the problem is in joint 6. There is a change on the y and z in the cres and a rotation value. Try fiddling with that.

#28 31-08-2012 
Oh, I see what you mean...I was looking at one line and they were all zeros Blush
Ok, I'm going to save a copy and go back to fixing, thanks Leefish!

#29 31-08-2012 
Cyn, sorry I wasn't clearer with how you should edit the CRES! Glad you figured it out anyway. Smile

But the joint rotation Lee spotted isn't the problem (the only joint value I changed when I edited the object was the Z translation I mentioned before) - the bone assignments of the mesh is.

I looked at your mesh in Milkshape and see that you've changed all bone assignments to root_rot. That's a step in the right direction, but the vertices need to be assigned to root_trans. Root_rot is a rotation joint, its purpose in life is to rotate. Root_trans is a translation joint and can't rotate (it's made to move up/down/back/forth), and thus it won't be doing any tilting or spinning or jiggling. It's a good joint to assign things to that aren't supposed to, well, tilt or spin or jiggle. Smile
[Image: nixedbuttongreen5.jpg]

#30 31-08-2012 
I managed to figure the CRES bit out by looking at the different tabs in SimPe, but I'm lost on assigning the vertices to root_trans. I' sorry to be so dense but I've only made a couple of objects and never had to edit anything this way. I've worked mostly with bodyshop meshing. How do I assign the vertices to root_trans?

EDIT-I figured that out Smile

It sits on the floor properly now. Just need to figure out which lines in the CRES will move it up some when the sim is holding it and forward a bit.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Sorry, that is a members only option