True Blood Object
#31 31-08-2012 
You're not dense! You got to start somewhere. Smile

Object meshes with joints work a lot like body meshes, actually (and they can be just as much of a pain). You do the bone assignments in Milkshape, just as you would with a body mesh:
Select both mesh groups, then go to Vertex -> Sims2 Unimesh Bone Tool. Set the weight to 100% and the bone index to joint 1 (which will either be called root_trans or just Joint@01h, depending on whether or not you've imported the teddy skeleton). Commit, apply to all, then commit all. And then it's just business as usual, export with the Unimesh exporter and replace the GMDC in SimPE, just like you've done before.

Does that help any?
[Image: nixedbuttongreen5.jpg]

#32 31-08-2012 
It helps lots, I got the jar to sit on the floor Smile Thank you so much! Now I'm trying to figure out which lines will adjust the jar while the sim holds it. It sits to low, the hand is sort of inside the jar and it needs to move out a bit, the arm sinks into the back of the jar.
Cynnix, proud to be a member of Leefish since Mar 2011.

#33 31-08-2012 
Those are all in the cres as well

There are points which are animation targets -those you can move as well
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#34 31-08-2012 
Yay! Go you! Big Grin

And just as Lee says, those are in the CRES, too (you and the CRES are going to be on a first-name basis when we're done with this). If you look at the CRES Hiararchy tab, you'll see that there are a lot of lines called somethingtarget - they determine where the Sim grips the teddy. (And then the animation determines how he grips it.)

I'm guessing that it'd be the r_hand_grip (found towards the bottom of the hierarchy, as a child to Joint 12) you want to move, but that's just a guess based on the name. I'm going to play around with the targets some and see where I end up. Smile

Also, when it comes to moving stuff in the CRES. Maybe you already know this, but in SimPE, Z is the height and Y is the depth - as opposed to everywhere else, including Milkshape, where Y is height. (I swear, they do these things just to play with our minds... Confused) So if you want to move a target up, it's the Z transformation value you should change, and to move it forward, you change the Y.

Hmm, I wonder if it wouldn't look better if you used a different animation for carrying Talbot, one that doesn't have the weird left arm positioning. Of course, to do that, you'd have to import and edit some text lists and BHAVs - do you feel up to that?
[Image: nixedbuttongreen5.jpg]

#35 31-08-2012 
I'm up to it! I want to learn everything I can.

Once I get this one working right, I'd like to learn how to add the mourn effect to the deco version and the taunt from the fishbowl for fanseelamb Smile

#36 31-08-2012 
This is gonna be awesome Big Grin
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#37 31-08-2012 
It sure is gonna be awesome. Looks fantastic so far.

* fanseelamb bounces excitedly

#38 01-09-2012 
Lol, I'm bouncing excitedly too, waiting patiently for NixNivis to return Smile

Sorry, that is a members only option