True Blood Object
#1 30-08-2012 
Hello Smile

I made a deco object for my game, it's a jar full of Talbot...err remains... vampire goo Blush maybe I'm sick Tongue but I wanted this for my game. Then I had the idea to make it useable, so my Russell Edgington sim could hold Talbot and talk to people with it, so I cloned the teddy bear. I couldn't get them to interact with it, and HL explained that it had to be extracted differently so I got that part sorted. I still can't get the glass to show up and the goo sort of sags when I place it on the ground. Sims do hold it now and are able to "talk to" using the jar of goo.

before
[Image: CynTalbotcrystalurnborkedteddybearversion.jpg]

after
[Image: Cynnixsagginggoo.jpg]

Does anybody have any suggestions for fixing this?

#2 30-08-2012 
ok, so what we have in the pictures is two objects, right? One which is the deco (the glass jar) and the other the red blob which is the talkthrough-Talbotgoo. Right?

The talk-thru goo has no glass and loses its form?

You should be able to add the object to your post as a rar file and maybe one of the members can fix it (looks at Nix kind of hopefully)
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#3 30-08-2012 
Thanks leefish, I attached the file. I'm hoping somebody can tell me where I went wrong so I can learn from it Smile

That's correct, the deco version has the glass and works fine, it's the teddy bear clone that isn't working right.
Cynnix, proud to be a member of Leefish since Mar 2011.

#4 30-08-2012 
Don't look at me like that, Lee, you're making me nervous. Confused

I love the jar! I have my game running right now to take some screenshots, but as soon as I'm done with that I'll have a look at your object and see if I can figure out what's going on. I can't guarantee anything, but I'll be happy to try. Smile
[Image: nixedbuttongreen5.jpg]

#5 30-08-2012 
Thank you so much, it's been driving me crazy!

#6 30-08-2012 
NixNivis;16057 Wrote:Don't look at me like that, Lee, you're making me nervous. Confused

Imagine a fish with puppy eyes looking kind of hopeful. Big Grin

#7 30-08-2012 
I'm really wondering what makes the teddy-bear version sag like that... Apparently there's some code somewhere that gets called to morph the thing...
It's hard to believe that this would happen by accident, because normally, that's what goo *would* do, when it's not constrained to a certain shape like in a jar.
In fact, I would LEAVE it like that for realism! Big Grin

By the way... Lee, what happened to the banner in my sig? Didn't it jive???

#8 30-08-2012 
? Your banner is there

#9 30-08-2012 
TAAAAAAAAAAALBOT!!!!! Poor poor Talbot! I think I love you, Cynnix. No wait... I KNOW I do. We're gonna get pictures of Russell talking with his jar of Talbot when it's working, right? Right?! Talbot! Eeee!

* fanseelamb bounces unhelpfully

#10 30-08-2012 
BO, the bear should sag but the goo is supposed to be in the jar and not puddled, it's just not showing up properly. Maybe I can make a goo puddle after the jar of goo is fixed Smile I must have made a mistake adding the glass subset but I couldn't figure out where.

fanseelamb, you're the reason I had to make the jar of Talbot Smile I am continually inspired by your sims and photos. We can have lots of pictures, as long as you take them. Most of my uploads to MTS get rejected because my photo taking ability is nonexistent Blush

Sorry, that is a members only option