sims2 #1
Here are the oversized versions of the shrubs from Castaways Stories. They're slaved to the basegame shrubs so there's no duplicate textures (which makes for a smaller package file) and any recolors you might have for the basegame shrubs will also work for these.
  • Base Game Compatible
  • Seasons Enabled
As you might expect, you'll find these located with the other shrubs in the catalog and they're priced the same as in Castaway Stories--which is cheaper than the Sims 2 shrub prices. The poly counts are the same as the originals.

[Image: cover1.jpg]

In addition to the Castaway Stories shrubs being larger, the Creeping Phlox also came with a darker texture and I've included it here as a recolor. Please Note: You can select the darker recolor from the catalog but when the shrub changes states (in the winter and when it's overgrown) it's going to revert back to the default, light pink texture for those states.

[Image: recolor.jpg]

Credits:
SimPE, GIMP, Wings 3D, and EA for the meshes and textures. And special thanks to bienchen83 and Echo for their tutorials on making Seasons compatible plants and to Leefish for hosting. Heart

You're welcome to use anything of mine, no matter where it's from, however you'd like.

Screenshots
Castaway Stories Shrubs Screenshot Castaway Stories Shrubs Screenshot Castaway Stories Shrubs Screenshot Castaway Stories Shrubs Screenshot Castaway Stories Shrubs Screenshot Castaway Stories Shrubs Screenshot    
Download link
Filesize 1.45 MB | File Name HW_cs_shrubs.zip | # of Downloads 2,929  
Filesize 49.81 KB | File Name HW_cs_shrubs_recolor.zip | # of Downloads 2,323  

Comments
#5 18-09-2012
Hey, look! It's the Coffin Crew. Thanks for the comments guys.

I'm especially glad fansee wanted these since she's the only one of us who actually plays her game and will appreciate all the hours spent on making these work with Seasons. Big Grin

#6 18-09-2012
I just download - for the day that will one day come when I actually build a hood. Big Grin

#7 18-09-2012
Having tried to make a Season's compatible tree once, I can/do appreciate how long it took you! And I HAVE been playing my game lately, tyvm. (Which explains why I'm getting absolutely nothing accomplished.)

#8 18-09-2012
Oh, good! I'm glad I'm not the only one who found it hard -- makes me feel less stupid. Big Grin And then once I figured that out I needed to get everything slaved, there's like 12 shapes and gmnd's for each package...and I'm lazy SO...

I'm glad you'll see the states as well. Tongue

Sorry, that is a members only option