• Custom Books - Twilight, Hunger Games, Hitchhiker's - oh, my!
  • Uploader:
sims3 #1
This Mod is Semi-Compatible with 1.42! This means it should be compatible as-is, but no guarantees.

Give your Sims the freedom to read real world books!

This Mod injects a few new books into your bookstores and (hopefully) libraries. The books range from touching stories like The Green Mile to bestsellers like The Hunger Games. I have tried to stay as close to the real books as possible, down to genres and page numbers.

BOOKS INCLUDED:
All six of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy books - the five by Douglas Adams, including the new sixth one written by Eoin Colfer (credited as such)
All three main Lord of the Rings books by J.R.R Tolkien
The Green Mile and 11/22/63 by Stephen King
All seven Harry Potter books by J.K Rowling
All three Hunger Games books by Suzanne Collins
All four Twilight books by Stephanie Meyer
A Vested Interest by John & Sheila Chapman

Works with Patch 1.39. It might work with earlier patches, but the entire book manifest is loaded (it had to be) so you /may/ experience some glitches if you do.

Built with all 7 EP's.

Do note that due to the building of this mod (I included the master book list), it will likely need to be updated with every new Expansion Pack / EP Patch. So when a new EP is due to come out, uninstall this mod and do not reinstall it (I repeat, do not reinstall it) until I have checked whether it needs updating. Not doing so could cause you to not have the new EP Books in your game (including Skill Books!)

If there is a book you desperately want in your game but it's not included here, PM me with the book name, author, genre, and number of pages, and I'll try to make it for you. Smile

Known Issues
  • Will need updating with every EP. This is unavoidable. Sad
  • A Vested Interest is categorized as Romance (or whatever the genre of Twilight New Moon is) - this is an oversight on my part and I will update with the next version

Upload my creations to free sites only.
Do not upload to the exchange.
Please give credit, with a link, when using my work.
Let me know if you use my work.

Screenshots
Custom Books - Twilight, Hunger Games, Hitchhiker's - oh, my! Screenshot          
Download link
Filesize 21 KB | File Name All Custom Books.zip | # of Downloads 202
File Updated 12-10-2012

Comments
#9 20-12-2012
  • Registered
Ah, no worries. I'll just keep stalking this until it's updated xD
but much thanks <3

#10 01-01-2013
No official word on compatibility. Notepad++ has a plugin for file comparison, and I'm using that to verify compatibility. At this stage, I'm going to say this is semi-compatible - meaning it should be compatible, but I'm not 100% sure.

The reason I'm doing this is because there appear to be EP7 books that exist in the EAxian file, but not mine, despite my having made this when EP07 was out and about. Until I can see if I'm barking up the wrong tree, I can't give a proper word.

Sorry, that is a members only option