Create new topic without to enter in a forum
#1 24-09-2012 
Hi, I don't know how explain it but I try. In a forum I saw that clicking on a button you could choose any forum in which to add the new topic, without to search and enter in a section of the forum.
Do know if there is a tutorial or how to do it? Thank you!

#2 24-09-2012 
Do you have the forum link where you saw it?
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#3 24-09-2012 
Now the site has changed it and deleted this feature, anyway site is this: http://indo-lokal.com/index.php maybe you remember it. In the portal there was this feature, it was as a normal "create new topic" but you could choose forum where create topic.

It was as Answer Yahoo Big Grin when you choose the section where create new topic

#4 24-09-2012 
There is this mod:

http://mods.mybb.com/view/create-new-thr...-the-index and they seem to be using a modification of that.

#5 24-09-2012 
Thank you, I'll see if I can modify it. Soon as I install it I'll have the icons in all the sections? Confused

#6 24-09-2012 
Well, it should be really easy to just make a HTML edit and a select list (if you wanted) - its just an url, they don't actually MAKE the thread on the index - it just takes you to the new thread for that forum.

#7 25-09-2012 
Following on from our chat discussion - I think that IF you select the FORUM and then the topic and post content this is really not so hard to do.

But you want to first populate the topic field on the index and then choose the forum. This brings extra complexity as you now have to find a way to populate the new thread topic field with that variable (the subject field you entered on index). If you also want to fill in the text first then you now have two variables and you are effectively building a quick reply interface on the index.

If you go with FIRST select forum then it is easy to send the visitor to the New Thread input for that forum. It is the difference between adding a plugin and sanitizing lots of stuff, or just using the existing MyBB tools.

#8 25-09-2012 
Uhm, but for to have list of all forums (like in ACP -> Forum & Messages, you have list of all forums), what need to do?

We can't copy "showthread new thread" and to add list of all forums near to it?

Anyway if it is too hard etc then better as you say, that is users are redirects to forum section?

#9 25-09-2012 
I will put an example on the front page of leefish - if you click add a find then it will take you to the add a find new thread. Come to chat and then I will implement it Big Grin

#10 25-09-2012 
we have resolved it with "New thread" plugin..now I'm searching of understand how can I select only certain forums :\

Sorry, that is a members only option