Help on uploading my lots to the internet, please?
#1 08-10-2012 
  • Registered
Okay, I just finished building my very first lot and its on a 64x64 size lot area and already put into a WinRar archive. I used a little bit of custom content in it, but not that much. When compressed in an archive, the size went down to 11.3MB, but that's still too big and I can't delete any of the custom content that I put in it or the house itself will not look right. In order to upload it to MTS, it has to be at least 10MB in size. How do I make it that size or less? I will admit, it's a HUGE lot. I went into my game and tested to make sure everything worked right and it all did, but it won't upload. I spent 3 or 4 days full working on it day and night, trying to get it finished because it's been my dream to upload my very first house and see the reaction of the people when they see how gorgeous it is.....I want so much to become a famous Sims 3 creator. Perhaps someday, if possible, get a real-life career as a Sims 3 creator too!

Anyway, I will include attachment pictures and try to also upload the lot itself, but no promises. The lot might not be small enough to upload. Another thing, a lot of people are having the problem of uploading their created lots to the exchange site and I too, am having the same problem as well. I can't seem to upload my lots anywhere online. It's very frustrating. I sure hope some of you know how to fix this problem and can show me step-by-step. Hope to receive help for this soon.

Thanks for everything,
OsoSims3/TJSIMS3

#2 08-10-2012 
  • Registered
Okay, I just finished building my very first lot and its on a 64x64 size lot area and already put into a WinRar archive. I used a little bit of custom content in it, but not that much. When compressed in an archive, the size went down to 11.3MB, but that's still too big and I can't delete any of the custom content that I put in it or the house itself will not look right. In order to upload it to That Big Forum, it has to be at least 10MB in size. How do I make it that size or less? I will admit, it's a HUGE lot. I went into my game and tested to make sure everything worked right and it all did, but it won't upload. I spent 3 or 4 days full working on it day and night, trying to get it finished because it's been my dream to upload my very first house and see the reaction of the people when they see how gorgeous it is.....I want so much to become a famous Sims 3 creator. Perhaps someday, if possible, get a real-life career as a Sims 3 creator too!

Anyway, I will include attachment pictures and try to also upload the lot itself, but no promises. The lot might not be small enough to upload. Another thing, a lot of people are having the problem of uploading their created lots to the exchange site and I too, am having the same problem as well. I can't seem to upload my lots anywhere online. It's very frustrating. I sure hope some of you know how to fix this problem and can show me step-by-step. Hope to receive help for this soon.

P.S.- It still says my lot is too large, so I was not able to upload it so that you could see and try to fix it so that it's smaller. Sad But I was able to upload some of the screenshots to it though. Smile

Thanks for everything,
OsoSims3/TJSIMS3

I'm sorry if my post came up twice. I am new to this, so I think I accidentally clicked the button to reply twice and I didn't know how to get rid of the other one LOL. I should've been born a blonde. Tongue

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

#3 08-10-2012 
Gorgeous house! Unfortunately, I have no clue how to help you! I'm sure it can be done, because JarkaD has uploaded large houses on that site http://www.jarkad.eu/category/hrady-a-zamky-castle/. Ginnie
Ginnie Wrote:We'll get along just fine as long as you never get between me and chocolate.

#4 08-10-2012 
Hey there.

You can clean the CC out from the file with CUSTARD. http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=390235

Doing so doesn't take the items off the lot, but you need to make a list of the items with links so people can download them themselves to make the lot look same. Smile

No matter where you upload, you should still do so to avoid people getting some CC to their games within the lot they don't need or want. Smile

Sorry, that is a members only option