Extra template calls
#1 12-10-2012 
Seems I have extra template calls slowing me down, even though I dont even look at my portal. It looks like I have a portalsidebar or something - that just needs the plugin file editing.

your_side_bar, portal_welcome_membertext, portal_welcome, portal_pms, portal_stats, portal_search, portal_whosonline_memberbit, portal_whosonline, portal_latestthreads_thread, portal_latestthreads, tag_cloud_bit, tag_cloud, newcomers, topposters, newthreads, latestposts, top5stats_index
Ted B, proud to be a member of LeeFish since Jun 2012.

#2 12-10-2012 
Hi, you have to go in your plugin .php (sidebar) file and in code adds templates:

Under this code --> if(!defined("IN_MYBB"))

$templatelist = "your_side_bar, portal_welcome_membertext, portal_welcome, portal_pms, portal_stats, portal_search, portal_whosonline_memberbit, portal_whosonline, portal_latestthreads_thread, portal_latestthreads, tag_cloud_bit, tag_cloud, newcomers, topposters, newthreads, latestposts, top5stats_index";

#3 12-10-2012 
I think that would be sidebox.php (assuming you are using Nayar's sidebox plugin) but otherwise Deb is totally correct.

The sideboxes plugins usually take advantage of the existing portal templates, so even though you don't use a portal, the templates are being used.
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#4 13-10-2012 
Yes im using Nayar's. Ok Ive found the line and just want to be clear on placement, and do I need to deactivate the plug to overwrite with new file.

PHP Code:
// Disallow direct access to this file for security reasons
if(!defined("IN_MYBB"))
{
    die(
"Direct initialization of this file is not allowed.<br /><br />Please make sure IN_MYBB is defined.");
}

$plugins->add_hook("index_start""sidebox_start");
$plugins->add_hook("forumdisplay_start""sidebox_start");
$plugins->add_hook("showthread_start""sidebox_start");
$plugins->add_hook("portal_start""sidebox_start"); 

#5 13-10-2012 
You need to open the plugin in an editor (Notepad++ is good and free) - do not use the Notepad provided on windows - it breaks the files.

Code:
// Disallow direct access to this file for security reasons
if(!defined("IN_MYBB"))
{
    die("Direct initialization of this file is not allowed.<br /><br />Please make sure IN_MYBB is defined.");
}

$templatelist = "your_side_bar, portal_welcome_membertext, portal_welcome, portal_pms, portal_stats, portal_search, portal_whosonline_memberbit, portal_whosonline, portal_latestthreads_thread, portal_latestthreads, tag_cloud_bit, tag_cloud, newcomers, topposters, newthreads, latestposts, top5stats_index";
$plugins->add_hook("index_start", "sidebox_start");
$plugins->add_hook("forumdisplay_start", "sidebox_start");
$plugins->add_hook("showthread_start", "sidebox_start");
$plugins->add_hook("portal_start", "sidebox_start");

#6 13-10-2012 
Yes I use Notepad++, I just wasnt sure on were to place it , line 3 or 7. Now that ive done this would you check to see if
its doing good.

#7 13-10-2012 
Does not appear to have worked Sad

Do you have the plugin file?

Please attach it, we can delete it once we have looked at it.

#8 13-10-2012 
Here is a freash copy and the copy I edited.

Attached File(s)
.zip  2021-1278398052-sidebox.zip (Size: 4.83 KB / Downloads: 93)
.php  sidebox.php (Size: 24.75 KB / Downloads: 123)

#9 13-10-2012 
Try this one

Attached File(s)
.php  sidebox.php (Size: 24.75 KB / Downloads: 102)

#10 13-10-2012 
Ok im done

Sorry, that is a members only option