sims2 #1
[Image: thumb640x480]

This is all XanderGC's fault, you know. Rolleyes The green recol of my GAVIK lamp reminded him of a plumb bob and it made him wonder why there aren't any plumb bob lamps. I wondered that, too - it seems like something Sims would have. So I made one.

The Plumb Bob Lamp comes in the same colours as, well, a plumb bob: green, green yellow, yellow, orange, red and platinum. When turned on, it rotates slowly counter-clockwise (you know, like a plumb bob), and of course it also has the plumb bob glow. The glow will not change automatically when you change the recol, though; you will have to see to that yourself by using the "Change Glow" menu option when the lamp is turned on. That's the bad news. The good news is that the glow will stick, so the lamp will still have the same colour glow the next time you turn it on - but you can of course change the glow again if you you want a different one.

In the best of worlds the colour of the light the lamp emits would change to match the lamp recol, but that's above my current modding level (I know it can be done, but I'm no Numenor), so no matter what mood your plumb bob lamp is in it will still have the same, yellowish light, like in the picture with the Sim.

Item Information(Click to View)

With credit and a link, please DO:

- make recolours of my meshes and redistribute the meshes together with your recolours

- include my Bodyshop items with your Sims and my objects with your lots

- use my creations in screenshots, movies or stories; credit is appreciated, but in no way required

But please DON'T:

- take my work and claim it as your own

- upload my work as-is on any website or forum

- use my textures as a base for your recolours

- upload my work on pay/donation sites or to The Sims Resource - yes, that's even though TSR are supposed to be "nice" these days.

- alter or convert my meshes without permission

Thank you for downloading, and Happy Simming!

Screenshots
Plumb Bob Lamp Screenshot Plumb Bob Lamp Screenshot Plumb Bob Lamp Screenshot Plumb Bob Lamp Screenshot Plumb Bob Lamp Screenshot Plumb Bob Lamp Screenshot Plumb Bob Lamp Screenshot  
Download link
Filesize 153.4 KB | File Name PlumbBobLamp.zip | # of Downloads 3,254  

Comments
#5 16-12-2012
awww, Nix - that is so gorgeous. PM me if you want access to a very special file Numenor made - for testing and investigation only of course.

* leefish trusts Nix absolutely

#6 17-12-2012
I've been waiting for this since you promised it to us, thanks!

#7 18-12-2012
Glad everybody likes it! I had fun making it (well, except for when the animation event tree was trying to drive me insane, that is). And it looks really great in game, if I may say so myself. Smile

@MLC, there now, play nice. You don't want to end up on Santa's naughty list, do you? Wink

@Lee, oooh! Celebrate Expect a PM shortly.

#8 21-12-2012
I gladly accept all the blame in making you make this object lol. Can't wait to see it in game! Big Grin

Sorry, that is a members only option