Sad Radio Conversion
#1 07-01-2013 
Delonariel's conversion of the antique radio from Supernatural needed a little TLC.

Attached File(s)
.zip  tethys_antiqueRadioEdited.zip (Size: 146.1 KB / Downloads: 479)

#2 07-01-2013 
What did you change about it? Got pics? Got a link to the original? I haven't seen this radio before.

#3 07-01-2013 
Sorry, was in chat, I will give the link.

http://delonariel.livejournal.com/2972.html

I fixed shadows and notes and sonic waves that were inherited from the stereo it was cloned from. It has major issues, however, and Lee is being kind enough to reclone for me. We are in the chat at the moment.

#4 07-01-2013 
Here we go.

You need to redo the effects and ask MLC to do the slot Big Grin

Attached File(s)
.rar  DiatrodeCrackler.rar (Size: 102.61 KB / Downloads: 501)

#5 08-01-2013 
OK, so I left the fun setting as it was at 7 for the boombox, I am debating whether to move it back to 6 to match delonariel's file, if I knew what it actually was in Supernatural it'd be different maybe. I typed in all BCON values to match the ones in the original conversion. I'm convinced that the stats the object came with were accurate, as the stereo it was cloned from gives a fun rating of something like 8 or 9.

Apparently EA didn't just do one set of stereo effects and reuse them, that would be too frugal. The effects are at different heights for different stereos, in addition to the positioning from the coordinates in the CRES, so I reverted the effects to the tower's to match the coordinates I had settled on, and I just need to adjust the repair effect and I'll upload. I also applied the texture again as DXT3 instead of DXT1, which was showing some artifacts. I went to test the repair fx and found I need to update it to Freetime, which probably just means swapping out some BHAVs.

#6 08-01-2013 
Yea, it probably showed artifact cos it was a second generation png. IMO - DXT3 is overkill. It is already a bloody big texture at 512 for a one tile object. Of course, ts3 mapping tends to be less space efficient than Ts2.
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#7 08-01-2013 
leefish;18013 Wrote:Yea, it probably showed artifact cos it was a second generation png. IMO - DXT3 is overkill. It is already a bloody big texture at 512 for a one tile object. Of course, ts3 mapping tends to be less space efficient than Ts2.

OK, I didn't realize, I'll try DXT1 and see how it looks.

I tried the DTX1 and the same artifacts showed up on the speakers. Perhaps I am being picky, but I think I'll stick with DTX3. Were it less detailed a texture, I'd not mind.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, no wonder I couldn't tinker, no custom stereo allows tinker without a mod. I have adjusted the fallback GUID to work with that mod and will link to it in the final post. It seems like that is the best that can be done.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am checking the repair sparks now and will update accordingly. Also included are the 3 busts, which have been reduced in size by 57% making the phrenology bust merely life-sized to a sim, they can actually look reasonable on a mantle or desk now.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You don't get the full effect without animation, but here is a before and after of the new shadows and effect positioning.

[Image: 8362237201_e677e4a20d_b.jpg]
Before-and-After by rawmilk905, on Flickr

And the reduced busts appear as such:

[Image: 8362257117_0973543981_b.jpg]
Sims2EP9-2013-01-08-11-59-33-93 by rawmilk905, on Flickr

Well, I'm stuck. If anyone feels like testing this, be my guest. I don't know how the sparks look. I can't have an unskilled sim tinker because I can't get tinker to work.
With the mod in place, the option is there, but when I select it the sim just resets. I tried changing the GUID to make it replace the moderate stereo and got the same result.

Attached File(s)
.zip  AntiqueSetCleanups.zip (Size: 353.41 KB / Downloads: 563)

Sorry, that is a members only option