What are you listening to right now? video edition
#821 10-12-2018 
CheVelle - Send the Pain Below
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpyRI1j9t6c

uh I can't stop listening to it for 2 days, I really love it

#822 10-12-2018 
So a tall Dutch woman, a short Englishman and four Finns walk into a recording studio...

...and pure goodness comes out.

That's it.

What? Were you expecting a joke? Tongue

#823 13-12-2018 
What do I have playing on my YouTube tab while I'm blabbing about Christmas food in that other thread? Oh, same band, different album...Nightwish's Imaginaerum album, in fact!

Now if Tuomas Holopainen would just stop throwing fits and firing the female vocalists over stupid reasons every few years, Nightwish would be perfect.

(No, I'm not going to get into the whole endless argument about whether Nightwish was at their best with Tarja, Anette or Floor. I'll just leave that to the armies of chowderheads on YouTube. All three of those women are magnificent singers, just in different ways! Rolleyes )
(This post was last modified: 13-12-2018 12:45 AM by Pizzatron-9000.)

#824 14-12-2018 
So seeing as I'm presently playing Neverwinter Nights (Diamond Edition) multiplayer, on the Savage Frontier server/persistent world, with my dwarf and another player's gnome hunting goblins together...

[Image: SF-Thell01.jpg]

[Image: SF-Thell02.jpg]

...there's only one song that I could and should be playing in the background right now:

Dwarves are awesome. Cool

#825 19-12-2018 
And now, while I'm tidying up my house and organizing my gamer's corner so I can get my online D&D campaign running again (if only so my old Air Force buddies will finally stop pestering me to get it running again), I have YouTube blasting GWAR's 1992 album "America Must Be Destroyed" on Loop. Cool

Fun Facts: This album was (and probably still is) GWAR's big, middle-fingered salute to Charlotte, North Carolina and to Moral Guardians in general, self-appointed or otherwise; after GWAR played a live concert in Charlotte, Charlotte's police slapped the band with Obscenity charges and banned them from Charlotte for life, but not before confiscating the Cuttlefish of Cthulhu from lead singer Dave Brockie (in his onstage persona Oderus Urungus at the time). What was the Cuttlefish of Cthulhu? Think of it as a cross between a big, prosthetic penis sculpted from latex and a monstrous mini-kraken. Maybe Charlotte's finest had a point, or maybe they were just being a bunch of thin-skinned Moral Guardian snowflakes; if one completely disregards GWAR's decades-old reputation and goes to a GWAR concert expecting a clean, peaceful, subdued and perfectly inoffensive experience, then one deserves whatever one gets.

Anyway, the Cuttlefish used to be part of the Oderus Urungus costume and character up until the incident; in true GWAR fashion, the band worked the loss of the Cuttlefish into the band's storyline by claiming that Slymenstra Hymen (the band's female vocalist, played by veteran fire dancer and shock performer Danielle Stampe) took Oderus' sword and brutally hacked the Cuttlefish off of him after she caught him getting frisky with other women behind her back. The Slave Pit (which sculpts and crafts all of GWAR's costumes, stage sets and props) even cooked up several new Cuttlefishes just so the story could play out on stage, with Stampe/Slymenstra repeatedly chopping the Cuttlefish off of Brockie/Oderus through the course of several concerts on their subsequent tour. The audience's first three or five rows got sprayed with fake blood every time that happened, of course.

GWAR's just like that, okay? Tongue

And seeing as it's a short story in two parts, one does not simply listen to "Gor-Gor" before first listening to "Crack in the Egg". We just don't do that! Cool

God Eris bless the flashing, thrashing chaos and gibbering, screaming, shoelace-eating, bat-guano insanity that were GWAR's old-school music videos from the 90's.

And Rest in Peace Rock to Everlasting Glory in Valhalla, Dave Brockie and Corey Smoot. Sad

Now somebody else post something in here, digdoggit! Tongue
(This post was last modified: 19-12-2018 11:52 PM by Pizzatron-9000.)

#826 26-12-2018 
@CatherineTCJD brought up the Peas, so then I had to go watch my favorite version of my favorite Peas song Wink

#827 27-12-2018 
Yup. That's one of their better ones...

Having just finished watching seasons 1-3 of Lucifer (see the show trailer here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4bF_quwNtw). And now waiting impatiently for season 4 to hit netflix *sigh* (won't be until May, probably.) Here's a bit of what I been listenin' to:

and Watchtower

And, if you want a collection of all his singing loveliness... try this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLOsMxcE8Ss
(This post was last modified: 27-12-2018 03:45 AM by CatherineTCJD.)

#828 28-12-2018 
I really hope that you two are including "Meet Me Halfway" among your lists of the Black Eyed Peas' greatest songs. Tongue

And I remember that Lucifer had gotten cancelled over corporate knee-jerk stupidity (since by all accounts, it's a remarkable series), so fans of the show were trying to get fifty-bazillion signatures on a petition to convince the producers to pick Lucifer up for another go. How did that go? Undecided

(I myself am still waiting for the first day of 2019 so I can pick up a subscription to YouTube Red and get past the first two episodes of Cobra Kai. William Zabka is a terribly underappreciated actor for all his talents, and I'm so glad that he got back together with Ralph Macchio and finally gave The Karate Kid the sequel that it deserves, and with Johnny Lawrence — not Daniel Larusso — as the protagonist of the series. What a twist, eh? Smile )

(This post was last modified: 28-12-2018 03:03 AM by Pizzatron-9000.)

#829 28-01-2019 
*hits this thread with the defib*

I can't seem to find this "Capofreshin'" song by itself, but considering that the song's about Capoeira (everyone's favorite Brazilian martial art style that doubles as a dance style), I can certainly excuse it if it comes as part of a video about Capoeira maneuvers being performed by twisty womenfolk. Smile

(The one in the green pants is particularly good at handstands, isn't she? Big Grin )

#830 28-01-2019 
  • Registered
Just being a chill K-Pop rat :,)

Sorry, that is a members only option