What are you listening to right now? video edition
#861 29-10-2019 

#862 31-01-2020 

Apparently, if the whole of civilization is ever scoured away by nuclear fire, at least the survivors would get some tremendous metal tunes and a rainmaker machine out of the deal.

So thanks for that too, Robert Oppenheimer! Cool

And it's amazing how you absolutely can't tell men and women apart once you dress them up in radiation suits, isn't it? Definitely not a fashion statement there. Tongue

(29-10-2019 12:36 PM)noiredeb Wrote:  

The moral of the story: Just because a man and a woman are trying to kill each other (and, perhaps, succeeding in that task) doesn't automatically mean that the man's the aggressor. Women can be murderous neurotics too. Got it? Got it. Tongue

And who in the world calls cinderblocks "breezeblocks," anyway?
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2020 07:18 PM by Pizzatron-9000.)

#863 04-03-2020 
Every now and then, I get all nostalgic for my squandered youth. Part of that youth involved spending many hours — and many dollars' worth of quarters — playing pinball games and video games at the various 7-11 stops around Hazelwood and Florissant, Missouri, including but not limited to the Black Knight 2000 pinball game at the 7-11 up on Flordawn Street/Road/Drive/whatever Flordawn was. Despite the game's name, this was back in the late 80's and early 90's.

That 7-11 has been gone for almost 30 years, replaced with a doctor's office. I haven't played BK2k in about that long, too. Sad

So I was pretty well overjoyed to hear that Stern had picked up the Black Knight license (after Williams, the original producer, lamentably went out of business) and had very recently released a sequel, Black Knight: Sword of Rage. It's so new that this is the only video that I've found with the tunes from BK:SoR:

(They even brought back the Magna Save and the WAR targets! There aren't any drawbridge targets that you can knock down for the Triple Multiball mode, but we can't have everything. We did, however, get that little Black Knight "action figure" in the middle of the playfield; he'll sometimes block one ramp with his shield and/or the other ramp with his flail. So where is this "Sword of Rage"? The Black Knight's armed with a morningstar flail, daggit! Tongue )

(Speaking of which, does anyone have $235.00 (USD) that I can borrow? I'll pay you right back. Wink )

Naturally, I've been listening to the BK:SoR soundtrack quite a bit since that discovery. In fact, I'm listening to it right now! My compliance with the topic name is thus fulfilled. Big Grin

#864 04-03-2020 
=> This song is beautiful and deep. I added two other versions, from women, which also are very nice (and more recent) covers!

Which of the three do you prefer? Smile

In The Air Tonight, Phil Collins (1981):
Original (first) song:

In The Air Tonight, Kelly Sweet (2014):
Cover version, 1:

In The Air Tonight, Natalie Taylor (2016):
Cover version, 2:

#865 05-03-2020 
Kelly Sweet's version. Definitely. Smile

I remember asking a similar question years ago, on another forum site (the one where I'm still Dungeon-Mastering my D&D campaign a decade later), except it was Iron Maiden's original "The Evil That Men Do"...

...versus a few covers from a few other metal bands, some better known than others:

(Oh, look! It's Floor Jansen again, back before she left After Forever and joined Nightwish! Isn't she great? Big Grin )

So...same question? Smile

#866 13-03-2020 
I have a theory. Did you ever notice that, in any video game which involves the Four (Old World/Alchemical) Elements, Air tends to have the best music...

...and the music for Fire is sitting pretty in Second Place...

...while the tunes for Earth are just a bit "meh"...

...and Water's music tends to be scraped up from the murky depths?

(...which isn't to say that Water's tunes are utter garbage, but saints know that they can't even touch Air's tunes.)

(No, the Swordquest games for the Atari 2600 don't count. For one, background music didn't exist for the Atari 2600 way back then (because the technology was still a bit underdeveloped for that), and for two, only Swordquest: Earthworld and Swordquest: Fireworld were ever released; Swordquest: Waterworld died when the whole series was cancelled halfway through Waterworld's development, and Airworld hadn't even made it to the drawing board yet. I played Earthworld and Fireworld. They were both harder than fossilized nards.)

Oh, wait. The second universe's Water theme from Chakan: The Forever Man is pretty spiffy...

...and Chakan's second universe's Air theme sounds like it was composed by a cat chasing a red laser dot across a keyboard. So...nevermind, I guess. Smile

This song got past Security somehow. But I don't mind.

OKAY, THAT'S ENOUGH!

And the first person to mention Captain Planet gets shot with Doctor Blight's smog cannon, so don't even go there! Tongue
(This post was last modified: 13-03-2020 11:12 PM by Pizzatron-9000.)

#867 14-03-2020 
#868 14-03-2020 
@Kunder I'm not at all a fan of that style of music -- the friendliest classification that I would grant it, is nerve-wracking noise --, but even *I* am impressed with this young lady's talent and her amazingly agile fingers. Because she does it VERY well.

#869 14-03-2020 
I only like two kinds of music. Classical, and anything with talented guitar playing. You should check out "The Gypsy Kings".

#870 14-03-2020 
Ooooooo! ^^^^ Huge fan of the Gypsy Kings!
I've been listening to a LOT of Rush lately - for some reason it started about a week before Neil's passing. I'm a percussionist myself, and have been enamored with his playing style since the early 80's when I discovered them. In '83 I transcribed YYZ for our HS drumline as our halftime percussion feature, it probably wasn't anywhere close to how Neil actually plays it - but it worked for us. We took superior ratings that year. Man.... I can't wait to get to Heaven, it's gotta really rock! Angel

Sorry, that is a members only option