Smooth Edges - Graphics
#21 20-02-2013 
Unfortunately it's 2am here and I've got to go to bed.

I've downloaded them both and will look at them tomorrow afternoon when I have time. Sorry about the delay.

Sailfin - for the moment, revert to your old Graphics Rules.sgr and Video Card.sgr if you have changed it. At least it won't crash.

TNW: just a brief look at your config, and you're getting an error that the graphics card isn't found in the Video Card.sgr. That will force things to low res, regardless of whether you've set enumerate on (and I can see that you have). You get a message:
Name (database): Mobile Intel® 945 Express Chipset Family <<NOT FOUND IN DATABASE!>>

Is that the Video card you put the ID in there? I found with my other intel user, that she had 2 graphics cards on board and had identified the wrong one. Once we identified the right one, we were able to find the code that was giving her gyp.

What I'll do tomorrow, is set you up a tracking Graphics Rules, that will give me a bit more information - it will be the original Graphics Rules, with trace. There's a lot of differences between yours and mine TNW - some because of the Intel vs ATI, and I'm not sure which ones are going to be making a difference.

Also when you put your id in, did you put it in the section that starts with:
vendor "Intel" 0x8086

and needs to be in the format:
card 0xnnnn "Mobile Intel® 945 Express Chipset Family"

where nnnn is your matching device id number for your graphics card.
celebkiriedhel, proud to be a member of LeeFish since Dec 2010.
amazon wishlist because Lee said so.

#22 20-02-2013 
I never put an ID in.

#23 21-02-2013 
That would be it. Do you know how to put an id in? If you can find me your id number I can set up your video cards.sgr for you.
celebkiriedhel, proud to be a member of LeeFish since Dec 2010.
amazon wishlist because Lee said so.

#24 21-02-2013 
How do I find my ID number? Do you mean the username of the computer? It's Windows XP so I'm not sure if it has that or not.

#25 21-02-2013 
Via the Control Panel, if you go into System -> Device manager -> Display Adapters - Choose the graphics card and select properties. Then select the details tab, and in the drop down change it 'Matching Device ID' The last 4 numbers will be your card number Stick a '0x' on the front and you've got the complete id.

e.g. Mine is listed as pci/ven_1002&dev_6819, My graphics ID = 0x6819.

#26 21-02-2013 
My graphics ID looks a lot different I can't copy and paste so here goes:

I think it's 27A6 if I'm looking at the right one. There is device instance ID and Hardware ID listed. The one I gave was the one for device instance ID. If it matters, there are two duplicates of the same graphics card listed in the device manager. Maybe one is the one I should be using.

#27 22-02-2013 
Nah - I couldn't copy and paste it either. I don't have device instance ID, but I suspect that it's the same thing.

I just had a look at the properties on the graphics card of mine, and notice that the Hardware ID also includes the Matching Device Id - so my guess is that if you check the Device Instance ID against the Hardware ID, and you can see the numbers there, that it will be the right one.

Anyway, I'll just go and do this and post up both files, and if you can run them and let me know how you go, that would be grand. My suspicion is that the video card part will help, but it won't fix everything. But the trace will tell me where things are going do-lally.

Sailfindragon - the video card part will be set up for trace for you as well.

ETA: TNW (btw do you prefer TNW or Jim?) That's interesting! I just went to change the video card.sgr with your number and discovered that that number is already in there but with a different title. So clearly, the way the Graphic Rules.sgr matches is by name. (OK I'm a geek - I find lots of strange things interesting! Tongue)

#28 22-02-2013 
Well you can call me Jim if you want, but it's not my name. The name most people in the community call me is Jon which is part of my real name Jonathan, it just got shortened. You might be getting Jim from my creator initials used in my old uploads at MTS joninmobile_TheNinthWave j (Jon) i (in) m (Mobile)_TNW

#29 22-02-2013 
Ahh! That would be it. OK - I've created the cards - just testing them on my game now. Jon! Big Grin

OK - Here is the CSConfig.rar It contains a trace rules and an updated Video Card.

Give it a run through, and let me know how you go. Post up your -config.txt if it's not doing the anti-aliasing.

Attached File(s)
.rar  CSConfig.rar (Size: 10.8 KB / Downloads: 570)

#30 22-02-2013 
Thanks so much for working so hard for me, you're a saint, really and truly. I'm going in game to test it out now, if it doesn't work I will post my config.txt

Nope still no smooth edges. Is it possible my graphics card can't handle them at all? I wouldn't see where that would be such an issue, it does give me bump maps, shaders, and a better neighborhood scene, I'd think those things would be more demanding on a graphics card than simply anti alias. Here is my new file once again. Could it be I should disable one of the duplicate graphics cards in my device manager?

Attached File(s)
.rar  JONATHAN-config-log.rar (Size: 3.32 KB / Downloads: 471)

Sorry, that is a members only option