Something strange just happened.
#1 10-04-2013 
I was just working in SimPE and went to get a GUID, SimPE shut down and when I tried to reopen it I got a message:
"The item SimPe.exe that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved, so this shortcut will no longer work properly. Do you want to delete this shortcut"...stupid me clicked 'YES', so now I don't have a shortcut and have no idea how to get another one. Blush SimPe_0_73_44-QA is still showing up in Computer > OS (C: ) > Program Files (x86)

I went in game and everything I've done in SimPE is gone meshes, all my recolours everything...gone. They have even gone from my downloads folder.

Has anyone ever had this happen or know what I should do?

So far I've scanned with AVG and Malwarebytes, nothing showed up. If I can remember how, I'm going to try reinstalling SimPE.

UPDATE:
I re-istalled SimpPE everything looked right, I tried to clone something and once again as soon as I tried to get a new GUID the same thing happened.I was just working in SimPE and went to get a GUID, SimPE shut down and when I tried to reopen it I got a message:
You can find more of my work at Mod The Sims and Plumb Bob Keep.

#2 10-04-2013 
I have absolutely no idea. But my guess is that you should back up stuff outside your downloads folder before testing this again.

To be honest, I'm a bit stunned.
celebkiriedhel, proud to be a member of LeeFish since Dec 2010.
amazon wishlist because Lee said so.

#3 10-04-2013 
You should get ahold of Inge, Michelle. It really sounds to me like you've got some kind of nasty thing that AVG and Malwarebytes isn't picking up, but you should get in touch with her just in case. That's really odd behavior.

Malwarebytes is a really good program. If there IS something, it should pick it up. But there are things out there that can act like MWB (and other programs) and trick you into thinking you're using the real thing. (Which reminds me that I need to let Avast update.)

#4 13-04-2013 
Just an update after several re-installs, simPE is working again, not sure what the problem was.
As for everything I'd done or was working on, looks like I get to start all over again...lucky me.
You can find more of my work at Mod The Sims and Plumb Bob Keep.

#5 13-04-2013 
Well yay for getting it working again, but a big fat boohoo for all the work lost, and for having had this issue in the first place. :hug

Sorry, that is a members only option