The Sims 4?
#11 09-05-2013 
YES. Either it is less blurry and horrid than Sims3 and they have actually tried on the Sims themselves - or they are just getting better at doing their screenshots.
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#12 09-05-2013 
*lol* Yeah. It looks nice from the one screenshot, but I'm not getting too optimistic yet. I'm not really a fan of Sims getting a life for themselves. I sometimes have a plan for them, but they tend to ruin it in TS3 by making their own decisions. I like a certain amount of autonomous behavior, but I don't want to find sims getting fired/married/pregnant all on their own.
And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music. -- Friedrich Nietzsche

#13 11-05-2013 
I'm not going to lie, I was stoked when the Sims 3 was announced. I followed it for months and when it was delayed I was heartbroken but I still bought it day 1. I played it for a while and on again off again when the different EP's came out. From day one though I hated the way the Sims looked in TS3 and I guess I never got over that. The other thing was I couldn't play multiple households as easily as I wanted to without having the whole neighborhood change in an instant (why does bachelor Sim Jonny have 8 babies all of a sudden? Why did the Jenkins move away? I made them!) So I went back to Sims 2 and didn't look back. I'm intrigued by the idea of TS4 but I'm going to be extra cautious this time around.
[Image: sig55.jpg]

#14 13-05-2013 
I stand corrected, it appears that the simlish is just a bunch of Lorem Ipsum. Blush

Edit: Ah, sorry for the darting about changing what the simlish means. I'm certain now, it's the names of the new Producers and Devs.

[Image: BKKf6ppCIAAeqIV.jpg:large]

[Image: BKK7X5-CIAIg9Ec.jpg:large]

And that's where I'm going to stay. Tongue

wave

#15 16-05-2013 
I'll wait to form any super-strong opinions until closer to release (because we all know how things can/do change in production) however I will say this:

If it's another "always online" thing (& my money says it will be) I will NOT be buying it, no matter how *great* it may prove to be.
***Proud member of Leefish since Oct 2010***
**Queen of the Reticulated MoonBat Society**
***Long Live the Wolves & all Wild Canines!***

#16 16-05-2013 
They've said it's not going to be an "always online" thing but like you say it's too early to know anything for sure. They have plenty of time to change their plans. That's why I'm not making any judgments based on the current pics or info. The pics are most likely not how the final sims will look, and the info is meant to excite but give few real details. The hype is definitely interesting to follow - I'm just not gonna believe any of it until we see the finished product.

#17 16-05-2013 
"The Sims 4 celebrates the heart and soul of the Sims themselves, giving players a deeper connection with the most expressive, surprising and charming Sims ever in this single-player offline experience. "

This can actually be interpreted that the the Sims franchise is single-player offline, not that Sims 4 is. And in fact other things that they've said -

"The Sims 4 encourages players to personalize their world with new and intuitive tools while offering them the ability to effortlessly share their creativity with friends and fans. "

Would suggest that being able to share with friends and fans is on-line.

I'm going to wait.
celebkiriedhel, proud to be a member of LeeFish since Dec 2010.
amazon wishlist because Lee said so.

#18 16-05-2013 
Oh, the official FAQ says it won't require a persistent online connection. Sorry, I thought that was posted here already! They even underlined it. Seems they've learned something from that SimCity debacle. But still, I'm not taking that as a guarantee. They could find some other sly way of messing it up. Tongue

#19 16-05-2013 
Persistent - so online to start playing maybe. I have no faith in those weasels.

#20 16-05-2013 
That's what I was thinking. That you'd have to be online every time you start up the game, which is nearly as bad.

Sorry, that is a members only option