Non-intersectable Tiles?
#11 09-05-2013 
Where do I what? *lol* Repo things? Does that have something to do with repository stuff? Because I've never done that before.
And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music. -- Friedrich Nietzsche

#12 09-05-2013 
* leefish flails a bit.

The GMND? There will be a drop down thing and you can look in the bits and ONE will have a value for shadow. I think the options are 0 or 1. Try swapping that about.

For a more coherent version, try looking for Hexameter and shadows on google.....

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=361414

see lunies post..

#13 09-05-2013 
Ah, yes, I've tried that. It's one of the threads I'd found as well, hoping that might be it. But thanks. Smile
And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music. -- Friedrich Nietzsche

#14 09-05-2013 
So it is a floor tile?

How did silent lucidity manage it?

or how about this?

http://www.modthesims.info/d/166311 ??

#15 09-05-2013 
Yep, but it's cloned from a basegame object. It's not just an invisible recolor from a floortile because I have to add all kinds of 'bavior' to it.

I'm looking into SilentLucidity's file now. There isn't a shadow file in the texture at all, and blocklist has value 1. BUt after an entire day of trying things, I'm starting to get a bit unfocused. Maybe I should continue this weekend? (Have to work tomorrow.)

#16 09-05-2013 
Yea, you could even - play Tongue

#17 09-05-2013 
Sounds like a plan. Tongue

But I'm nothing if not persistent. Looks like it's only a problem with shadow settings on high. It's not just my tile, one set of SilentLucidity's tiles has the same thing - the ones cloned from a table. (The other is cloned from the gnome and doesn’t have shadows at all.) So I guess it's a high-shadows setting thing in combination with certain objects. I could just go play with setting on medium and be done with it. Dodgy

#18 09-05-2013 
I think I've heard of another way of removing the sun shadow as well, but I can't for the life of me remember what the heck it was... I'm fairly sure I saw it on MTS* somewhere, though (and I think I remember who it was that talked about it), so I'm off to search. Smile Be back in a bit!

* Or was it at the Keep? MTS is more likely, but the more I think about it...
[Image: nixedbuttongreen5.jpg]

#19 09-05-2013 
I've also found THIS thread. Maybe that will work, although it wasn't helping the person asking. He/she ended up cloning as a stand-alone from a shadowless object.

ETA: why was making this a good idea again? *lol*

#20 09-05-2013 
OMSPs have it too - this shadow thing. This is why I suggested Hexameter (cos I thought they made OMSP's, but they were the sound person....)

Sorry, that is a members only option