Non-intersectable Tiles?
#21 09-05-2013 
Well, I've got good news and bad news. The good news is that I found what I was looking for: to get rid of shadows, you add [prim 0x0002] Expression (My 0x0044 (Shadow Type) := Literal 0x0000) to the Init. The bad news is that this, too, doesn't seem to work with shadows set to high. At least not with the object I tested it on in my game (an outdoor lamp). Undecided Drat.
[Image: nixedbuttongreen5.jpg]

#22 09-05-2013 
And I thought of something else. something Phae made that I suggested....

THIS:

http://www.modthesims.info/d/362815

#23 09-05-2013 
* NixNivis downloads immediately

...it looks like it was cloned from a rug? (Or at least it has rug BHAVs.) Don't rugs have sun shadows? (I've no idea, I've never used rugs outdoors. Tongue) I'll have to check that!

#24 09-05-2013 
Not sure what she cloned it from, but I know she had the outdoor shadows issue and they solved it. maybe by cloning a rug Tongue

#25 09-05-2013 
Oh... that actually sounds quite logical. Although rugs are supposed to have sims walk over them, so I have to change the BHAV into something that makes them stop. Hm... lemme think about it. Thanks, guys. I really appreciate all the help. Smile
And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music. -- Friedrich Nietzsche

#26 09-05-2013 
Have checked in game, and rugs have sun shadows. Huh But Phae's thingie does not. The only thing about it that struck me at first glance is that she has tsNoShadow set to 16, but I'm not sure if that's what does it. I'm going to go offline in a minute, though, so I won't be dissecting it any further tonight. (It's Sweden vs. Canada tonight and hockey > Sims. National pride and all that. Wink)

#27 09-05-2013 
Heh. Have a good game, Nix. I'm logging off as well. Have to prepare for work a bit, but I was thinking, maybe's it's Echo's rug that is the answer, as Phae specifically mentions it. Not rugs in general. Have to look into that one. But not now.
And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music. -- Friedrich Nietzsche

#28 09-05-2013 
NixNivis;19370 Wrote:I'm going to go offline in a minute, though, so I won't be dissecting it any further tonight. (It's Sweden vs. Canada tonight and hockey > Sims. National pride and all that. Wink)

OMG.

* fanseelamb dons Canadian flag shirt and roots against Nix's team

#29 10-05-2013 
* NixNivis hates Canadians and is seriously considering emigrating to Norway, because last night's game was effing embarrassing Tongue

@Becca, you're right! I looked at Echo's 2x1 rug in game - and it doesn't have a sun shadow! Celebrate I'm firing up SimPE as I type this, for curious minds need to know why it doesn't have a shadow. 'Cause it's most definitely shadow-less. Big Grin

#30 10-05-2013 
NixNivis;19373 Wrote:* NixNivis hates Canadians and is seriously considering emigrating to Norway, because last night's game was effing embarrassing Tongue

@Becca, you're right! I looked at Echo's 2x1 rug in game - and it doesn't have a sun shadow! Celebrate I'm firing up SimPE as I type this, for curious minds need to know why it doesn't have a shadow. 'Cause it's most definitely shadow-less. Big Grin
Liking the rug bit and not the hockey result - just so's you know Wink
Karen Lorraine, proud to be a member of LeeFish since Jan 2012.

Sorry, that is a members only option