Non-intersectable Tiles?
#31 10-05-2013 
Aha! And I checked the 1x1 rug (doormat) and it doesn't have shadow either. So Echo is onto something. That doesn't tell us anything, but still... Big Grin
And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music. -- Friedrich Nietzsche

#32 10-05-2013 
I thought I was onto something as well, but never mind... not relevant. Slap

ETA: Echo used Painting globals for a doormat. Is that normal?
And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music. -- Friedrich Nietzsche

#33 10-05-2013 
NixNivis;19373 Wrote:* NixNivis hates Canadians and is seriously considering emigrating to Norway, because last night's game was effing embarrassing Tongue

@Becca, you're right! I looked at Echo's 2x1 rug in game - and it doesn't have a sun shadow! Celebrate I'm firing up SimPE as I type this, for curious minds need to know why it doesn't have a shadow. 'Cause it's most definitely shadow-less. Big Grin

Liking the hockey bit - just so you know Tongue

I have no doubt that Echo, being awesome, did something to make that rug work with no shadows. If that meant Painting Globals.....
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#34 10-05-2013 
@Karen, thanks. Me, too. Wink

@Becca, in this case it is, because Echo's doormat, and her other rugs, aren't really rugs at all. Smile Well, they are now, but they didn't start like that; they were cloned from deco objects and they all use Painting Globals - even when they're anything but paintings. The name is a bit misleading.

If it's any consolation, I thought I was onto something, too, but I wasn't. Sad My test thingie (yes, that's it's actual file name) is still annoyingly shadowed.

Edit @Lee, remind me how the Netherlands are doing again? (Or the UK, if you prefer.) Tongue But yeah, Echo is pretty much the definition of awesome; I don't understand how one single person can know that much about... everything. If I can be just a fraction as awesome as she when I grow up, I'll be a happy Nix.

#35 10-05-2013 
Yeah. The reason I'm pointing it out is because I'd read somewhere that someone had found a painting without shadows (per default) and cloned from it just to get rid of the obnoxious shadows. So... maybe that's what Echo did as well. That also means I'm going to have to create a wall with paintings, just to see which one is the (in)famous shadowless one.

Edit: Echo cloned from the Ancient Urn Sculpture, not a painting. It has shadows, so that's a dead end.

#36 10-05-2013 
I haven't had a reason to try this but HL & MSD talk about shadows in her invisible mailbox thread HERE.

"The only way I know of to get rid of the dynamically-generated outdoor shadow is through the Function Init BHAV: [prim 0x0002] Expression (My 0x0044 (Shadow Type) := Literal 0x0000) I think. I don't know what other values can be used though."

* Honeywell is not a reader. Big Grin

#37 10-05-2013 
Nix tried this and it didn't work on her lamp. I got a day off tomorrow and I'm going to give this project another try. If I can't get it to work, I'm gonna take a break due to work related busy-stuffs. (Yes, that is a word.)

#38 11-05-2013 
Not trying anything today. I've been cleaning up my downloads folder these last few weeks, and I want to play a bit today. This project will be continued next month (or if someone else feels like getting it done, go ahead - no credits needed).

#39 12-05-2013 
I haven't given up on this, but I was sidetracked by Fansee's sign. Wink I'm going away tomorrow and will be gone for about a week, but I'll tackle it again when I return. Unless you've solved it by then, that is. Smile
[Image: nixedbuttongreen5.jpg]

#40 12-05-2013 
I was sidetracked by fansee's sign as well. Big Grin I'm going away for almost a month, so I won't be able to work on this for a while. I'll try to check in once in a while, but I can't test anything since I don't have Sims or SimPE running on my business laptop. I'd love to come back and find a solution posted here, but please, don't keep on going for too long, okay? Thanks, though. Heart

Sorry, that is a members only option