Catnappers
#11 13-05-2013 
Well, obviously we are thinking "did this cat choose us?" and I did say that I would not go find a replacement for Willem - that if we were to have another pet then that pet would come to us. It is very soon though, and I am not getting my hopes up at all; if her owner is found and wants her back then of course we will hand her over. Otherwise we really ARE catnappers.

#12 14-05-2013 
So what's the verdict? Is she chipped? Have any owners appeared?

#13 14-05-2013 
We put an ad on the national Dutch lost pet database, and a lady rang to say she thinks it might be her pet. She will be coming to our house tomorrow....

Her pet >> http://www.amivedi.nl/DierDetail.aspx?MeldingId=824631

Suikerspin aka princess Tongue >> http://www.amivedi.nl/DierDetail.aspx?MeldingId=825386

If it IS her pet that is amazing - the town they are in is about 15km away - on the other side of the Rhine river. They said the cat had a normal nose, but that might have happened in the 2 weeks she has been missing.

#14 14-05-2013 
Aww. Bittersweet ending if it is her pet. Do keep us posted!

#15 15-05-2013 
She's so cute!

#16 15-05-2013 
Looking at the pictures? I can't see that it is - she has the wrong shaped head and eyes. But I wait to see.

How did the micro-chip search go?
celebkiriedhel, proud to be a member of LeeFish since Dec 2010.
amazon wishlist because Lee said so.

#17 15-05-2013 
We have not yet had the chip checked - the pet ambulance will take her and put her in the asylum and then they will look for the chip. After 14 days she will available for adoption, and once adopted then the cat is yours - legally.

The thing is, there is no guarantee that we would get her, so tomorrow is B's day off. To the vet?

#18 15-05-2013 
It's a little hard to tell from the pictures but I agree with Kiri about the shape of the head and eyes. Also the markings even though close, appear to be different on the legs, Suikerspin has a thick dark band around each leg, where the other cat doesn't appear to have them. Something else the other cat appears to have 2 solid bands around the neck and a faint star shape underneath them, Suikerspin looks like she has 2 thinner broken bands around her neck and no star shape.

Maybe seeing differences in the markings is wishful thinking because I have a feeling Suikerspin is meant to own you and B.

BTW that is a lovely photo Lee she does look like a princess sitting there.
You can find more of my work at Mod The Sims and Plumb Bob Keep.

#19 16-05-2013 
I agree with Michelle, I think the markings on her cat's neck/chest look different. But maybe it's wishful thinking, because I, too, want this darling to be yours. Please keep us updated!

(BTW, does "huisdieren" mean pets? 'Cause in Swedish, pets = husdjur. Literally, house animals. Smile)
[Image: nixedbuttongreen5.jpg]

#20 16-05-2013 
Well, the lady from 15 kilometers away - it was not her cat.

But this evening we got a call from a very excited lady saying "OMG that is my cat". Turns out that is a harelip, not a wound.

The lady came and picked up the cat - her name is Pookie Big Grin The cat, not the lady. In her excitement to come and get her she had left the door of the cat carrier at home, so she had to go back home and get it. She had been missing since Queens Day, that is a long time.

@ Nix - yup, dier = animal, huis = house so yea, house animals aka pets

Sorry, that is a members only option