• Faux Neon Fangtasia Sign and Companion Window/Door Recolours
  • Uploader:
sims2 #1
Here's a faux neon sign and companion window/door recolours. Let me explain....

Sign v.1: Has nice smooth edges but is glitchy in some windows. See attached pic.

Sign v.2: Works in all windows but has jagged edges. See attached pic.

Both Signs: Glow red a bit but do not illuminate anything around them (hence the "faux"). Can be placed in a window without cheats. Can be shifted up and down if you have Apartment Life. Can be used at the same time (unique GUIDs). Are found in the decorative/wall hangings section of your catalogue at a cost of $97. Poly Count: Faces=6, Vertices=10

Feel free to make new signs as recolours. Go nuts! It's a flat rectangular alpha-mesh so your sign can be anything! You can change the glow colour by changing the stdMatDiffCoef and stdMatEmissiveCoef values in the Material Definitions (TXMT) of your recolour. (They're RBG values - Red, Green, Blue.) Just please don't go making non-red recolours of the Fangtasia sign itself, lest Fangtasia's owners seek you out to get revenge for messing with their logo.

--------------

The Window and Door Recolours: There are 3. One recolours the basegame "Independent Expressions" window, one recolours the basegame "Independent Expressions" double-door (plus Lee and HugeLunatic's addon windows), and one recolours the "Gone Legit" single door - which matches but has a different name for some reason. I think that single door came with Nightlife, so if you don't have the single door just delete that recolour.

What is "faux" about the Windows/Doors? Well they're blacked-out (non-transparent) in order to work with the smooth-edged sign and look appropriate in a vampire club. But they still let light through, so aren't really blacked-out. Oh so faux.

--------------

GINORMOUS THANKS TO: NixNivis, DutchXfan, Honeywell, and Lee for their invaluable help with this project. Leefishers are the BEST. Also, thanks to Sunni for the padded door in the pics and to whoever designed the Fangtasia logo in the first place - I copy/pasted that from a pic and can take no credit for it.

CREDIT and LINK if you use my stuff.

Mesh and texture edits (aka recolours) are welcome.

You may include my meshes with your recolours.

You may include my content with your own packaged Sims and Lots.

Please do not redistribute my original files in any other way.

Please do not redistribute my sims or altered versions of them.

Please do not post any part of my work on any paysite, including TSR (The Sims Resource).

Have fun!

Screenshots
Faux Neon Fangtasia Sign and Companion Window/Door Recolours Screenshot Faux Neon Fangtasia Sign and Companion Window/Door Recolours Screenshot Faux Neon Fangtasia Sign and Companion Window/Door Recolours Screenshot Faux Neon Fangtasia Sign and Companion Window/Door Recolours Screenshot Faux Neon Fangtasia Sign and Companion Window/Door Recolours Screenshot Faux Neon Fangtasia Sign and Companion Window/Door Recolours Screenshot Faux Neon Fangtasia Sign and Companion Window/Door Recolours Screenshot Faux Neon Fangtasia Sign and Companion Window/Door Recolours Screenshot
Download link
Filesize 44.56 KB | File Name fanseelamb - Faux Neon Fangtasia Sign [2 versions].rar | # of Downloads 368  
Filesize 320.93 KB | File Name fanseelamb - Blacked-Out Independent Expressions Window and Door Recolours.rar | # of Downloads 280  

Comments
#2 12-05-2013
Thank you fansee, it looks "Fangtastic"

yes you may groan.

#3 12-05-2013
* fanseelamb laughs instead

Thank you, Lee. Blush

#4 12-05-2013
I'm going to download this, not because I need or will ever use it as intended, because I really want to check it out in game. Also don't be surprised to see it show up in the background of some of my screenshots. I think all the work and effort has paid off it looks great. Thank you. Smile

BTW fansee is it going to be listed with the Coffin Crew stuff?

Lee Wrote:Thank you fansee, it looks "Fangtastic"
*Michelle laughs too...trust Lee! Rofl

Sorry, that is a members only option