Things that happen in your game that are odd or funny.
#41 11-10-2013 
Residential lots are by far the easiest places to hold a wedding or do any filming for that matter. If you change a community lot into a residential lot you can have the feeling of a park, church or wherever you like but without so many hassles. I filmed a long wedding once in a park/residential lot. I invited everyone over, summoned the toddlers and sat them on an OMSP as they can't do anything but stay put lol. Used control this sim to make them behave, froze some when needed etc. It looked nice but I wouldn't do it just for playing only picture taking.

#42 11-10-2013 
Well, I ended up having a do-over of the disaster wedding. Instead of simply visiting the community lot, this time my sims rented it out. I gave them a loan with Cyjon's Loan Jar and had them buy the wedding venue. They went there and closed the business so they could have a private party. They invited over their wedding group and I teleported the rest of the guests in (there were like 20-30 guests in all). And no pre-booked honeymoon this time ofc. The party went well, and you can save your game on the community lot this way which is a big plus for me. When they go home they will sell the venue and repay the loan, having lost only the cash they spent on the DJ and bartender, and perhaps some small loss on the venue or interest on the loan. It's quite a realistic result!

(I used the Sim Blender to unmarry them so they could have a full do-over.) Big Grin

#43 11-10-2013 
OMG. your sims are like the ultimate live it large.

I shall now always think of you as some sort of Oprahlamb making that little sim couple's special wedding day dreams come true.

Rofl

#44 11-10-2013 
Love it Fansee Big Grin
Karen Lorraine, proud to be a member of LeeFish since Jan 2012.

#45 11-10-2013 
its its - capitalist!!!

* leefish flails

Good idea though yes. But gosh. How unCanadian Big Grin

#46 12-10-2013 
Before my computer crashed and I had to reboot my game, I had a very happy couple--destined soulmates--eating dinner with their child one night. I decided that they needed a bit more romance in their now regularly scheduled married lives so I encouraged the husband to flirt with his wife and 'steal a bite'. Reaction... wife flips out and gets pissed. Then when it was bed time, husband crawls in bed and wife gets out and says something in disgruntled simlish along the lines of "On the couch for you, Bubba." So I put the husband on the couch that night wondering what is up with my game and why the gameplay had suddenly become too realistic for comfort playing. After that night, all kisses were rejected, the couple stopped sleeping together, and even flirting ceased. It was really upsetting, since this couple is one of my favorites. When I looked at the relationship panel, I was shocked to see that the wife was 'furious' with her husband and didn't love him anymore. WTH?! So I had them finish out the drama. The husband (who still had a long term 100 panel) started complaining and arguing with his now bitter wife; they eventually separated with the husband telling his wife to get out of their house. It was crushing. x___x I let them spend time apart for a while and then had the husband call the wife again. They eventually made up, and the husband courted his wife again--because he really did love her and eventually they got married again and all was well. They had 4 more children, and everyone lived happily ever after and their relationship was stronger than ever after such going through such a rough time.

I never understood why 'stealing a bite' could produce such awful results, but I think it was a game glitch. Just to be safe, I took out all of my relationship hacks with the exception of no jealousy if not married/going steady. Now that my game is restarted this couple is no longer soulmates unfortunately (they only have 2 bolts), but they have 3 kids now and are just as lovey-dovey as they were in their first incarnation.

Thanks for the loan jar tip, fanseelamb! I've always stuck to residential weddings to avoid things going wonky, but for my second gens I really want to have some beautiful church weddings!

#47 13-10-2013 
Gosh, divorced over a stolen bite of food?!! What temperamental sims you have, nanashi. Sure makes for an amusing story though. Rofl

And you're very welcome for the loan jar tip - it's a great mod, in fact Cyjon has a whole lot of great mods, it's definitely worth looking through his site if you haven't already done so. Smile

#48 13-10-2013 
Wow, what a brilliant idea; rent a place. I'll have to give that a go.

#49 13-10-2013 
I've vanished a baby, but I can still see among the friends of the family. I wait that she becomes toddler and try to adopt it?

I suspect the butler Confused

#50 13-10-2013 
lol at the butler

Sorry, that is a members only option