Factory Challenge
#1 26-06-2013 
I have no idea how to run a challenge/contest, but I recently uploaded my factory and @Michelle suggested that I make a contest of it.

Um, well, I don't have any prizes (hence is a challenge), but here is the link to the factory - click on the picture

[Image: thumb640x480]

THE CHALLENGE:

Turn the factory into three apartments, each one for a very different sim. How you break up the areas is up to you, but I think I will be going per floor. You can move and add interior walls but no exterior walls or staircases/elevators. You can REMOVE windows - but not replace them - so if you take a window out then that bit of wall is just wall.

REQUIRED EPs: OFB, NL and AL. It uses Uni lockers, but Uni thinks it is a Stuff Pack so probably will be ok.

How to share : Reply to this thread and add your pics as attachments to your post/link to a photobucket. No inlines from photobucket et al as inlines take forever to load on my PC.
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#2 26-06-2013 
Do we have a time frame to complete in? Want to have a go but am kinda busy at the moment Smile
Karen Lorraine, proud to be a member of LeeFish since Jan 2012.

#3 26-06-2013 
Hmm, time frame, um....This year?

#4 26-06-2013 
Oh goody, six months lol, think I might manage that Big Grin

Will hopefully slot it in between the Build a business contest rounds.
Karen Lorraine, proud to be a member of LeeFish since Jan 2012.

#5 27-06-2013 
If it's this year, sometime latter, I would be interested. Right now I'm way too busy with the Build a Business contest.

#6 27-06-2013 
Just clarifying the rules:
No moving or replacing windows, but you can remove them...what about colour changes?
No adding, moving or removing exterior walls and stairs...once again...what about colour change and replacing doors, railings, stairs and elevators?
Move and add interior walls...so basically do what you want with the interior, as long as you don't move the elevator...what about interior stairs?

Lee Wrote:Um, well, I don't have any prizes (hence is a challenge)
Who needs a prize, we all have some fun without any pressure...that's enough of a prize for me.

#7 27-06-2013 
(27-06-2013 03:03 AM)Michelle Wrote:  Just clarifying the rules:
No moving or replacing windows, but you can remove them...what about colour changes?
No adding, moving or removing exterior walls and stairs...once again...what about colour change and replacing doors, railings, stairs and elevators?
Move and add interior walls...so basically do what you want with the interior, as long as you don't move the elevator...what about interior stairs?

Lee Wrote:Um, well, I don't have any prizes (hence is a challenge)
Who needs a prize, we all have some fun without any pressure...that's enough of a prize for me.

Window Colors - what ever you like. Basically, the idea is the building shell has to be the same, but the sims can have SOME privacy in the bathroom Big Grin I am willing to say can use the gearheads instead as those are acceptable replacements (not sure why I didn't use those myself....)

You can change the colours on the stairs etc as almost none of it is CFE'd so very doable. Same on the elevator and you can definitely replace the doors (kind of have to for an apartment). Of course all wall colours can be changed - same on floors.

Hmm, I did think we should include interior stairs as not moveable, but then it is almost undoable, so I thought you can swap the interiors stairs about, though I think it is more challenging to keep them in. Ripping out staircases is a big task in RL. Maybe if we said ONLY the stairs from the loading dock? Those would be the easiest anyway, even in life.

I told you I was crap at challenges Big Grin I just think it is amusing to restyle, but major change sort of defeats the point, but rules are vague in my world. Main rule : Have fun.

#8 27-06-2013 
Only asked about changing the exterior stairs and railings because I have a picture in my head for the exterior and the current stairs and railings don't fit. As for the interior stairs they are okay where they are but I would like to change them as well.

#9 27-06-2013 
Go for it Shell - swapping a set of stairs is not that unrealistic as we have to in sims2 to have different railings, so of course I see that as decor rather than real change. It would be more disconcerting if suddenly the actual structure had significantly changed. That would be strange.... but see main rule: Have Fun. And do not forget Rule 4: Blame fansee. It works for me.

#10 27-06-2013 
Oooh, a factory makeover? This sounds right up my street...

Sorry, that is a members only option