More Bookcases
#1 01-07-2013 
I like making bookcases - so therapeutic, and I liked the TSM > TS2 conversion Decat did, so I made a start on a "fix" for the side of the bookcase - the standalone had a big hole in the side and I cloned a dahlen book case to make an empty half size. I am unsure if I should empty and slotify the big one.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#2 01-07-2013 
Ooh those look nice! Personally the halfsize ones are always my faves since they don't block your view of the sims. These big ones are nice too though. Very nice. They'd probably be more versatile if emptied since the deco on them is like, a bunch of old scrolls which may look odd in most sim homes.

#3 01-07-2013 
I like the style, hate the plastic look. Half size bookcases are my fav too.

#4 01-07-2013 
Well Shell, interesting you should say that cos I hate the colors too. What they need is a bit of work by a good recolorist. Are you maybe interested?

#5 01-07-2013 
Yeah, I'll give it a go.

#6 01-07-2013 
Ok, what do you need? The bookcase is the master file and the texture is huge. Do you want me to upload the file?

#7 01-07-2013 
Definitely slot-ify them! That would be great! I'm not someone who has a lot of scrolls in my house. But that is a seriously lovely bookcase.

#8 01-07-2013 
Send me the file please the texture should be 1024x1024, usual for Sims 3 converted stuff. If you have it the original Sims 3 TXTR (IMG) as well if not it doesn't really matter.

#9 01-07-2013 
@Michelle, here is the filled bookcase - I will empty it, but if you can recolour the wood that would be great. I have used the file from decat - not sure why, but the bookcases value books is the frame.

Attached File(s)
.rar  TSM Archive Bookshelf.rar (Size: 624.55 KB / Downloads: 474)
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#10 01-07-2013 
This is a very quick recolour without any effort put into it.

BTW there is a small gap at the bottom on the back of the bookcase.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

You can find more of my work at Mod The Sims and Plumb Bob Keep.

Sorry, that is a members only option