sims2 #1
Today I’m offering a pair of semi-detached houses. One house is decorated in the style of the era in which it was built – the 1970s, the other is decorated in a modern and up-to-date style.

Who remembers avocado green bathroom suites and carpeted bathroom floors? Bright funky patterned walls? And those horrible ceiling tiles? And the lean-to conservatory? Well the 1970s house has all of that!

[Image: thumb640x480]

In the modern house the bathrooms now have white suites and tiled floors. The walls are painted in less vibrant tones (other than the feature wallpaper in the lounge). The ceiling tiles are gone – they were a fire hazard anyway. The lean-to conservatory has been replaced with a more modern, larger version. And an extension has been added to give much needed space in the kitchen.

[Image: thumb640x480]

These houses are modelled on the first houses that were built in the new town of Milton Keynes, where I live. Milton Keynes began to be built in the 1970s.

Whilst I was reminding myself of and researching this period of history (I grew up in the 1970s) I found a video and the link is attached to this thread – I hope you enjoy watching it.

http://simplydv.biz/2011/04/rescuing-mil...y-on-film/

There is a lot of CC in this lot but I feel that it makes the houses come alive. There is a section of CC that is purely decorative and so is not needed for the houses to function, they just won’t look the same as in the pictures.

These are semi-detached houses but function as apartments in the Sims.

Rent: 2452-3937
Lot size: 3x2

Custom Content Included(Click to View)
Custom Content not Included(Click to View)

Lots
Please do not reupload my Lots and claim them as your own. If you would like to use any of my Lots in a neighbourhood that you wish to upload please PM me for permission first.

Recolours
You may use my recolours in Lots that you upload to any site. Please provide a link back to my profile on the site that you downloaded it from. Whilst some of my recolours can be found here at Leefish and SFUK most of them are at MTS (http://db.modthesims.info/member.php?u=417674).

Screenshots
25-27 Redbourne Court Screenshot 25-27 Redbourne Court Screenshot 25-27 Redbourne Court Screenshot 25-27 Redbourne Court Screenshot 25-27 Redbourne Court Screenshot 25-27 Redbourne Court Screenshot 25-27 Redbourne Court Screenshot 25-27 Redbourne Court Screenshot
Download link
Filesize 1.44 MB | File Name 25-27 Redbourne Courtlesscc.rar | # of Downloads 57  

Comments
#5 10-07-2013
Yes, I suppose it is. I can remember my parents visiting MK in the 70's but not finding it because there really wasn't much here - just a small village called Milton Keynes and a few very early estates. No big signs saying 'Welcome to Milton Keynes', like there are now.

#6 10-07-2013
Wow, really neat house, Karen. I dig the yellow kitchen. Big Grin

#7 11-07-2013
I'm really enjoying watching the MK video. As a child of the 60's and 70's I remember and love the 70's decor. Definitely downloading this one!

Downloading all the custom content not included - the Cake clutter by Cassandre - you've linked just to the photobucket pictures?

#8 11-07-2013
Thanks Kiri Smile and thank you for letting me know, link is fixed now http://www.blackpearlsims.com/downloads....le&id=5117

Sorry, that is a members only option