Fixing a mod of the Debug Hug
#101 24-07-2013 
Not a problem at all - the thread on MTS has Mootilda - so of course we are all piling over there. Big Grin

#102 24-07-2013 
Of course not Esme, and your contributions are really appreciated. Smile

#103 24-07-2013 
Ran another test, and the results are on MTS. You're probably following it already, but just in case...

#104 24-07-2013 
Mootilda is a treasure and deserves way more acknowledgment around the simming community. if anyone can make a program to kill this for good it will be her.

She told me to remove the extended family mod. I thought removing these mods made things worse but apparently I've been making it worse by keeping them in. Sad

Test lot three. New unplayed hood with extended family mod out.
https://app.box.com/s/vwso42wir4vvpductpyy

#105 24-07-2013 
Personally, I don't see a problem with you bringing your tests there, Esme. There's a lot more people there that can help out, and it happens all right under Mootilda's nose, so she can extract whatever she needs from it in her efforts to permanently fix this problem, if at all possible. Big Grin

That new hood with no infecting mod should not deelop the problem, Jo. But any other hoods that were played while the mod was still in, may now suddenly have issues, even if they didn't have them before. They MAY, but I can't be entirely certain anymore since this in-laws/extended-family mod seems to create a completely different version of the bug from the one that I know.

#106 24-07-2013 
I put the lot up on the MTS thread as well, so I hope Mootilda takes a look. A fresh hood and no family mod in being the fix for at least for new lots seems somehow too easy. But if it's clean I'll do a dance. *\O/*

#107 24-07-2013 
Sounds logical enough...

#108 25-07-2013 
I created some lots to test. The lots, my method, and my predictions are at MTS. (Cross-posted because some people are more active here than there.)
esmeiolanthe, proud to be a member of LeeFish since Jul 2013.

#109 25-07-2013 
Thanks esme, you're a brick. Smile

Edit: That's a good thing by the way! Don't want any cross cultural confusion.

#110 25-07-2013 
I know. I read British novels. Smile Thanks for the compliment!

I hope the tests end up being useful. I have some ideas for more tests if these work out the way I think, but I don't know if they'll be useful to Mootilda. They might be useful for downloaders, though... maybe?

Sorry, that is a members only option