Fixing a mod of the Debug Hug
#41 22-07-2013 
I dont know BO, because I dont have M&G and cannot test these lots.

It is probably best to ask Jo and Dominie.

Thanks for the mode switch.

#42 22-07-2013 
Well his mod certainly caused it in my friends game who was testing the social hacks I use. She is going to reinstall due to many other bugs so she didn't mind messing her game up further. I'm starting to think I'll have to reinstall. I got it originally from a kiss cheek mod on MTS and now I'm wondering if I've been uploading it in lots ever since. I thought I was rid of it 2 years ago as I don't see it in my game with the fixes in place. It's like some invisible hijacker.

Phea said I should open and save every lot in my game. Would that fix it? If it will I'll do it even though it will take me ages, but that's a big task for only a maybe.

BO, no sim loaded is one of the three fixes I have in. Love your mod by the way. Love seeing those tokens fried each time. I only learned I still had the hug as I was pm'd by a downloader to say my lot had caused it. I thought no way and pulled my download folder on Phea's directions to prove I didn't have it-and there is was. O_O Then I thought I'd recreated it by pulling the folder, but my older lots have it too.

#43 22-07-2013 
Let me guess: the mod that infected your game was made by aliasthepal! I know, because that's where it starts for most people.

Yes, every lot that you open will have its own active version of the bug. But once you start playing the lot, the fix will activate. Once the fix is running, the hug will disappear from that lot (you will no longer see it in sim menus), and you can indeed save. The trick is, that the fix can not activate as long as the game is paused. So you MUST allow the game to let some time pass.

From now on, you will have to check every house that you export for publication. Because this bug WILL INDEED hitch a ride with exported lots. Sorry.

#44 22-07-2013 
What about lots that have no sims on BO? Moving the sim out will remove the furniture etc (yea, I know you can use the staythingshrubs, but that has it's own issues) which is a bugger for lots designed to share. Do you have to have a sim on the lot (ie be in live mode) to fix it?

re that Kiss Cheek mod - I see it is no longer available on MTS (tagged). Not sure when that happened.

#45 22-07-2013 
How can I let an empty lot I am building play, it's in build mode. I don't actually see it in my game and haven't for the last two years- until I pulled my download folder the other day. But it's been there invisibly. Otherwise my older lots would not have the hug.

Also we were talking on MTS that there may be other dangers of having a sim test out a lot. I always play tested a copy because we thought it to be safer-haha.

#46 22-07-2013 
Yea, re lot testing - I always playtest a copy too. Is there an issue with that?

#47 22-07-2013 
There is a thread on MTS about this. Mootilda was saying something about sim references in the furniture. We talked about maybe adding to the guidelines that uploaded lots should never have had sims in them. But there wasn't anything definet and Mootilda wasn't sure on any of it.

#48 22-07-2013 
Well, that was always really the rule - no depreciated lots - which you get by having sims in - but it was relaxed to be "you can but you have to say so".

#49 22-07-2013 
The bug is introduced as soon as you open a lot for play. As i implicated before, this bug is *NASTY*. Once it's in, it remains in. The only defense is to have the fix.

The only other thing one can do, is to prevent it from spreading to others, by testing each lot with DDO before you share it.

Yeah, when EA introduce a bug, they make sure it is deadly!

#50 22-07-2013 
But I have 3 fixes. Sad

DDO?

So should I open and save every lot in my game? Or should I re-install?

Yeah, only EA could mess things up so thoroughly.

Sorry, that is a members only option