Fixing a mod of the Debug Hug
#51 22-07-2013 
So in theory - Jo can say that her lots have been reported to have the super duper hug in - but with one of the recommended mods in game then it will "fix" it?

#52 22-07-2013 
@joandsarah: You could uninstall and reinstall, but since the bug is already in all your lots, you would first have to deactivate the bug on each and every one of them, anyway.

Having the fix on your system, whether it's once or a thousand times, only protects YOUR game. It will not protect you from spreading the plague to others. That's what you need Delphy's Downloads Organizer (DDO, found on MTS) for.

@leefish: For lots that have been downloaded and used by others already, that would indeed be prudent. Warn those downloaders that - alas - they have been infected with the Hug, and that only getting a Fix will save them from it. I'm afraid there is no other way Sad

#53 22-07-2013 
I've been telling people to put in one of the recommended fixes, but if I have 3 fixes and don't see the hug, but obviously still somehow have it then I can't be the only one.

Will a reinstall fix things? Can that extended family mod be fixed? Without it I'm going to have in-laws heartfarting again.

You posted while I was posting. What will DDO do for my lots? I know I tried it once, either I didn't understand it or I coldn't get it to work, but that was a long time ago.

I'm feeling sickish again, think I'll go lie down for awhile.

#54 22-07-2013 
No, you're most certainly not the only one who has it. Millions of people have the bug. Trying to uninstall and reinstall is therefor quite useless, because you'll get it back as soon as you start playing an old backed-up hood again in the newly installed game.

DDO on its own will do nothing for you or your lots. It's a utility that as many functions - too many to get into here, but one of them is to find duplicate mods and suspicious hacks - but it only runs at YOUR command, independant of the game. Find DDO on MTS and read its description to find out what all it does.

And when you download lots for use in your game, ALWAYS use the Sims2pack Clean Installer, also to be found on MTS.

#55 22-07-2013 
I think that what BO is saying that if you have a fix in, you see no hug - but the hug is there. Its like an injection to cure a disease - it cures YOU - but you can still spread the disease. The lots have the hug. Sad The answer is to direct people to the fix.

#56 22-07-2013 
That's exactly the case, Lee. You got it!

The fix will remove your symptoms, but once tha bug has activated in your game, you'll remain contageous for all time or until hell freezes over. You can only prevent spreading it by cleaning every lot that you share, but it won't help anyone who has already got it. Just like you, those others will have to cure themselves and spread the word about the fix.

#57 22-07-2013 
Well lying down didn't help so I'm back.

Okay I get it now, nothing will remove it from my game until I reinstall and start from scratch. Sad I have some challenges I want to finish so once I've done them I'll just chuck all my hoods.

How do I clean them for sharing? If I can't give clean lots then I won't upload anymore. I always use CI of course.

#58 22-07-2013 
Why not use AGS? I build in an ags game - I play (if ever) in another.

#59 22-07-2013 
I've never used it. Is it easy to use? I did look some years ago and thought it was over my head. Guess I should give it another look over.

#60 22-07-2013 
Yes, do try it - as long as you always run it as admin in win7 it is fine.

Sorry, that is a members only option