Fixing a mod of the Debug Hug
#81 23-07-2013 
I don't know if that was an ad campaign here, but do I know that Palmolive is a dish soap. Let me know how else I can help!

#82 23-07-2013 
Esme..i just finished reading your explanation on what you did. It was very interesting..and because of your results, I am going to keep an eye on my game with no fix in it for a while before I again build or share any lots of my own. I only tested in empty new spawned games..so..yeah..going to do this for a while..and see how everything looks. Thank you for your help as well. Smile

#83 23-07-2013 
If a person has a fresh game with a fix already in place and they install my lot it should stay clean and not be infected. That's what i have got from this thread anyway. So if your game is like that Dominie, you should be able to re-save and upload my lots safely.

#84 23-07-2013 
(22-07-2013 10:37 PM)joandsarah Wrote:  Actually from what you say, I'm thinking maybe this should be added to the Wiki and people should be advised when they remove their entire download folder to not just remove it but to make sure they keep no sim loaded or one of those fixes in at all times, even when doing a 50/50. We might be causing them the Hug.

Keeping No Sim Loaded in is something I would always advise anyway, but as its creator I'm somewhat biased of course. What I'm worried about in your account, is the fact that the nothing showed up in CI, but the lot still infected your hood! That makes it sound even worse than I thought. I really don't know what to say to that anymore.

@Dominie: I apologize. I did not intend to imply that you were a newbie or that you knew not what you were doing. I just have never known this Hug to be invisible AND more vicious than I already described. I'm speechless, really.

@esmeiolanthe: thank you for that most thorough and enlightening description of your testing methods. I'm impressed. I know that as a Mac user, you don't get the privilege of using SimPE or any of the other tools, so you have no other way to test for issues than testing in-game. Please, I'm very interested in whatever you'll find using any testing method you can come up with.

#85 23-07-2013 
I pm'd Mootilda over at MTS and she seems interested into looking into it. On checking one of my cc free lots she also found
found the following objects in OBJT instance 0 [AKA MOBJT?]
- Sim Manipulator Social
- Controller - TwoJeffs Visitor Controller
- Controller - Triplets and Quads Adjuster
- ijFinance - Lot Rights - Controller
- Surfing Interaction
- Interaction - Go Steady for Adults.

So CI is not picking up these things, but the lots are invisibly. Now if my cc free unplayed with lots (I always play tested a copy) has this then I bet getting a clean lot is a lot harder than we thought. She has put a thread up at MTS about this.

Like esme, I am wondering if this hug comes in two forms. Next I plan to upload a test lot from a new hood that I have no put sims into. (although it will still have townies) After that I plan to remove my sim 2 folder and let my game regenerate and try a lot from that.

#86 23-07-2013 
Well, if CI doesn't detect any of this stuff, then I wonder if you shouldn't try examining lots with the DDO in stead. Alas, I can't test that myself right now, because I still haven't worked up the courage to try and fix my PC. So I would like to hear from any one of you who would try that.

Anyway, I agree, Jo: it's possible that it's a lot harder to produce clean lots than either of us ever expected. That's a troubling state of affairs...

#87 23-07-2013 
Okay I found I do have DDO in a folder on my desktop. How do I check lots with it? I thought that just went through the download folder. I think I used it to look for orphan meshes one time. It was something else that wouldn't run. Didn't like my net framework.

Removing my download folder isn't a simple matter either, takes about 20 minutes with 17 Gig. :/ And I'm worried if constant pulling might corrupt some of the files. I'm going to look into AGS.

Test lot 2. This was built in a new hood that I haven't added sims to yet. It would have townies.
https://app.box.com/s/ieifldr7d8ac75bwssqz

#88 23-07-2013 
Hi Jo,

You could use CI to install a sims2pack to a location outside your Downloads folder and then use DDO to scan that folder, I suppose.

I'm sorry, but I can't help you figure out how to use DDO, because I've never needed it before (I don't download or share lots and/or sims) and at present, I do not have a working computer to figure it out on. Therefor, I really suggest that you check the DDO documentation and the page where you DL-ed it.

#89 23-07-2013 
Interesting developments over on MTS - the thread by Mootilda is here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=508487

It seems that there are hacks piggybacking that don't show in CI and probably not in DDO either Sad

#90 23-07-2013 
Interesting indeed. Thanks for that link, Lee Smile

I still don't see how my not responding to lots being CC-free implies that I don't understand the issue. Some mods hiking a ride with a lot actually do NOT need any CC to be on that lot. Alas, I'm presently unable to make that remark at MTS, because I lost my MTS password, and my registered email address there is no longer valid. Otherwise I would have loved to join the conversation there...

Sorry, that is a members only option